Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I put in another couple psi in the rear tire and, didn't really notice a difference in the problem. However, after another spin at 75-80 (okay, I mighta pushed 90 for a short stretch) I am thinking it is more of an aerodynamic problem rather than tire related :dontknow: I can't do it tomorrow but, perhaps Thursday I'll take it again and video it and see what y'all think.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Sorry Paul but, as I am having the actual experience of the wobble, I think I am justified to "worry" about at least particular CT on a motorcycle and, some of the stuff kinda did sound offensive. Or, at least it makes me feel defensive. In any case, we're in the same camp regarding CT's but, I would prefer to get this figured out. I'll try a couple psi higher as you are running and, may try the Ride-On product. I've read some good things about it. Fortunately, relatively little of my riding is at Interstate speeds, as most of my higher speeds are at highway speeds of 60-70 mph, just below where the problem occurs.

Thanks for your input!
Scooter -- no offense intended. Was referring to a lot of comments about Car Tire Use (been going on for years).

Wobble to me is not a concern worth worrying about (of course that depends on How Bad it is - do not want to go to an uncontroled wobble). Many folks have some wobble on bikes of all kinds.

I gave example of my NINJA (only one I have ever had a prioblem with and was being pretty severe, but I never felt endagered by it - keep hands on handle bars). Pretty common on NINJA 500s.

I considered having the bearing looked at or nut tightened. Then luck have it -- changed the front tire (same brand - KENDA) and NO Noticeable Wobble since (by the way, just put new rear tire on NINJA and no wobble).

Folks with MCs worry theirself sick about all kinds of little things looking for perfection. :love4:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I run my rear @50psi, it was soft and wobbly at 35psi. Also this... There's about 2000 mile break-in period For that car tire to settle down with the front. I've got 3K on my rear now, and it finally feels quite tight as a unit.

Is the bead set ok??

Get some balancer in there, that'll balancer it right up, it sticks to the inside of the tire and finds his own home through centrifugal force.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.