Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I filled my Darkside with "ride on" balancer and sealer.

I'm okay with the car tire but I will say: it does feel a bit different. If I lived in a big suburban area like New York, London, etc I probably wouldn't do it, however out here on the Great Plains 98% of my riding is in straight-lines, and at 100 miles per day on the scoot I can wallow through a tire in about three months whereas the car tyre last about three year.

Seating it was a B......

·
Registered
709 Posts
Chappy, how does it feel at 70-80 mph? I read somewhere the flat profile of the CT didn't fair as well as the round profile of the MT with balancers. What I read specifically had to do with the beads so, I don't know if it applies here as well.
Runs just fine ode chap. I'm sure it's just another version of slime that they use in car tires. It balanced it out nice I can run 90 mph not feel wobble... I also have about 3K on that tyre now, and see no spekles of un even tire wear due to unbalanced... I did try the beads one time, but it wasn't as convenient and easy to use I much prefer the slime, which is what I always used in my Kawasaki's... Wiping it off the rim is no problem!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I run my rear @50psi, it was soft and wobbly at 35psi. Also this... There's about 2000 mile break-in period For that car tire to settle down with the front. I've got 3K on my rear now, and it finally feels quite tight as a unit.

Is the bead set ok??

Get some balancer in there, that'll balancer it right up, it sticks to the inside of the tire and finds his own home through centrifugal force.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.