Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Our own road transport research laboratory [citation needed] found CT's or in some cases larger profile than standard bike tyres had a derogatory effect on both roadholding and handling..
Doesn't the UK ban on car tires for motorcycles go much further back?

The "improper tyre" example in the MOT guide is probably just a knee-jerk reaction based on people fitting 15" VW Beetle diagonal tyres on their chopped BSA or Triumph's rear rims, back in the day, before proper MC-tyres in that size were widely available.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I filled my Darkside with "ride on" balancer and sealer.

I'm okay with the car tire but I will say: it does feel a bit different. If I lived in a big suburban area like New York, London, etc I probably wouldn't do it, however out here on the Great Plains 98% of my riding is in straight-lines, and at 100 miles per day on the scoot I can wallow through a tire in about three months whereas the car tyre last about three year.

Seating it was a B......
The darkside tire really shines in city driving where the constant accelaration and engine braking eats up the rear tire in no time (5000 km 3500 miles) The car tire shows no real wear after more than 2½ times that distance.

Going round street corners and roundabouts is no problem, but series of twisties is not as "delicious" as on a real motorcycle tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.