Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day from soggy Manitoba! I just purchased a 2011 650 Executive after having a 400 a couple of years ago. I still have my Harley Ultra Classic as my wife loves the comfort and the ride; she hasn't been on the Burgman yet. I started riding bikes when I was 14, and haven't stopped. I've had dirt and street bikes,Yamaha, Kawasaki and my current Harley along with the Burgmans. My 650 has great power and agility, with the twist and go providing great fun and a relaxing ride.

One question though. My 650 is perfect in every way when I'm riding. Starts great, no problem on taking off or stopping. But when I've turned it off and trying to maneuver it to its tight parking spot in the garage (turning it hard left and right), I will hear squeaking or squeals moving either forward or backwards. As I've said, I don't hear it when on the road, or when braking, or backing out of a parking spot; only on tight movement in the garage. Any thoughts?
Phantom

·
Registered
585 Posts
It might be the belt. I've been putting mine in power mode before shutting it off - makes it easier to push backwards out of the carport. The car is in the way of turning around. Got that tip from someone on here and it does seem easier to move around. Maybe it'll get rid of that squeak for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I tried your suggestion and it is easier to move it around. Also got some brake cleaner designed for ABS parts and applied generous amounts on front and rear discs. No squeaks!

My wife tells me two toys is enough; but I've been looking at the Royal Enfield Classic in battle green. Vintage looking... which I love.

Have a great day.
Phantom

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
It might be the belt. I've been putting mine in power mode before shutting it off - makes it easier to push backwards out of the carport. The car is in the way of turning around. Got that tip from someone on here and it does seem easier to move around. Maybe it'll get rid of that squeak for you.
No way it is the belt. When the engine is off the clutch is disengaged. The clutch is between the CVT and the rear wheel. The CVT is not turning so the belt is not moving. The CVT and the engine are hard geared together. The CVT can only be turning if the engine is turning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts