Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 650 for over a year now and will never part with it. But think I want another bike. I always wanted a triumph. I fit the 650...not to big and not to small (275 Pounds). I am thinking of a Triumph America or Speedmaster. Just wondering if anyone has ridden one and does a 250 pound, 6'3" guy fit on one. Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have had my 650 for over a year now and will never part with it. But think I want another bike. I always wanted a triumph. I fit the 650...not to big and not to small (275 Pounds). I am thinking of a Triumph America or Speedmaster. Just wondering if anyone has ridden one and does a 250 pound, 6'3" guy fit on one. Thanks

Triumph makes great bikes and I have ridden more than one model .

I really see no problem with that triumph your looking at .

I have also ridden the two models of the triumph rocket 3 s.

Triumph is always at Daytona for Bikeweek and Biketoberfeast for test rides . :cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bob, you may try calling Eldorado powersports and see if they have any Triumphs in stock for you to sit on or ride. I think there is a Triumph dealer in KS too.

I had a new 2010 Triumph Scrambler and it was a nice bike for the money. Like lots of bikes today though the Manufacturers seem to think we all LOVE the 'Jockey' position with very high riders pegs!!!!

Triumphs have excellent reliability now and they run well especially at low to medium speeds but to me, it lacked any kind of a top end rush and was dead in the water at 90 mph or so. The gearboxes are excellent as is the handling and brakes considering a single rotor in front. Most don't exceed 40 mpg though.

Sam:)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Rather than duplicate tje Burgman turf a Triumph scrambler or another adventure bike widens your riding turf and gives you variety.

In my case it was 650 Vstrom but the Triumph Scrambler would fill that role.

cool bike

Burgie for touring....Triumph for playing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts