Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Well I finally closed the deal on a shiny black 04 AN650 last night.

I am scheduled to pick the scoot up this evening but we are due for more downpours and flooding. The dealer HIGHLY recommended not to drive home in the rain, he told me that new bike tires are coated and quite slippery when wet, so to avoid water 'till I had 25 miles on the them.

I want to thank everyone here. BURGMANUSA.COM, and all the members, played a very strong role in my choice of ride. BIG THANKS to the posters who gave me great info and encouragement and to cgogh (Charles in Wayne) who so graciously came all the way to my job and allowed me to test-drive his 650.

Tomorrow is supposed to be partly cloudy so I will most likely be riding home with a big grin Thursday. I can't wait!

Johnny

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Figured you might get one if you had a chance to ride one. This forum is great for people to be helping others out like this.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Congratulations on the new AN650! Be sure to check tire pressure before you ride it away. A lot of dealers have been delivering them with low tire pressure. Should be 33 psi front - 36 to 41 psi rear.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Woohoo, Johnny! Have fun! The sun's out in Bucks Co. PA right now. I'm hoping to ride this evening, too.
Cheers and many happy miles for you,
Bryna

·
Registered
925 Posts
:eek:ccasion5: Congrats on your new black Burger!!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pauljo said:
Congratulations on the new AN650! Be sure to check tire pressure before you ride it away. A lot of dealers have been delivering them with low tire pressure. Should be 33 psi front - 36 to 41 psi rear.
Thanks Paul, when I went to pick up front tire was 36, rear was 42. I adjusted front to 33 and the rear to 39.

Johnny

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
JohnnyDeath said:
pauljo said:
Thanks Paul, when I went to pick up front tire was 36, rear was 42. I adjusted front to 33 and the rear to 39.

Johnny
Funny thing. I had my new Pirelli front tire mounted this morning at the dealer. Did I take my own advice? No!

The scooter seemed to ride plusher in the front going home, so I'm wondering if they underinflated it... I'm in the process of waiting for the tire to cool down so I can accurately check the pressure. I think you have to wait about 3 hours after riding, so I've got about an hour to go.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
OK - the front tire was just 1.5 psi low - pretty close to spec! I brought it up from 31.5 psi to 33 and went for a ride. Wow! That front Pirelli really does ride a lot smoother than the Bridgestone did! I LIKE it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts