Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Coleman Power Sports in Falls Church, VA yesterday (to do some window shopping). They had a Burgman 650 on the showroom floor that was already sold (apparently, they sell them as quickly as they get them).

Anyway, as I left the store and drove along Annandale Rd on my way home I passed a silver AN400 - the spitting image of my bike! It's the first 400 (other than mine) that I've seen on the road, but I think it's at least the 4th that's in the county. I haven't been able to meet up with any other riders, but I know they're out there!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Same here Andy. The dealership sells a lot of Burgmans, but I've only seen one other on the road so far. And as far as I know, we haven't had anyone else from this area join BurgmanUSA. It would be fun to meet up with some other local owners.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
You need to leave a BurgmanUSA calling card at the dealers - perhaps they could slip a copy in the owner documents file when they hand over the bike!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Interesting suggestion. I do know that the service manager has BurgmanUSA bookmarked on his PC at work. He says he wants to make sure I don't beat them up too bad on the forum. I've also mentioned the forum to the sales manager.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul,

This is off topic, but I see that you also ride a V-Strom. I sat on one while at the dealer...it's a great looking bike and I like the upright seating position. After watching long way round I fell in love with the BMW Adventure, but the V-Strom has a much more accessible price. I was at Borders Books last month and read an article in a magazine (Road Runner?) about a guy who rode the V-Strom 650 to Alaska. One of the photos showed the bike so coated with mud that it looked llike it was dipped in concrete! The author loved the bike and had absolutely no problems with it.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Andy,

The V-Strom is a very good motorcycle. I ride my Burgman about twice as much as I ride the V-Strom though. That's not a bad reflection on the V-Strom - the AN650 is just more useful overall, and in its own way, as much fun too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Norman/Paul,

Do you know if they make "license plate frames" for motorcylce tags? If this site sold them w/ "www.burgmanusa.com", I would definately order one! Might be a good way to spread the word if the bike is spotted in traffic or parked somewhere.

Andy

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Andy,

I'm fairly sure that I've have had them in the past, but not in the last 10 years or so. They would tend to cover part of the registration renewal sticker on many of the state licence plate designs - might be why they aren't as common any more. They can also vibrate a bit sometimes. Your best bet is probably a Google search - see what you can find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts