Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the great people on this site. I decided to stop lurking and start smirking (once my new 650 arrives at the dealership!)

It took me a year of negotiating with the MSF but finally a year ago March they gave me a private course for a group of my friends. Some new, some experienced, all over the hill, but eager. So this last year I spent riding with our new group on a 400 but quickly seemed to out grow it.

Waiting for a new bike is tough, but maybe it will give the sun time to dry out my driveway and the dirt road on which I live.

In the meantime, I will have to settle for your good company and great road stories on this super site!

Erika
http://www.innerbonding.com

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Erika

Welcome to the forum :hello2: (although I see you have been a member here a long while).

I am glad you have come out smirkin' :)

Lets hear more of your Svelte experience while you wait for a firm road and a new Lardy :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Erika, welcome....love Santa Fe; my daughter has lived there long enough to call herself a Santa Fean and I get out as often as I can.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Erika,

I understand how waiting for your bike is tough. Hopefully your 650 will arrive soon so you can be out enjoying it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome, New Mexicana Erika.

Y'll love the Lardy.

Steve

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello Erika

I hope you enjoy your 650. I take delivery of mine next week and the waiting's killing me!

(PS. Nice photo!)

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome to the group Erika. 8)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Here's hoping that your 650 arrives in the shortest time! :clock:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for such a lovely welcome.

Norm- The first thing I noticed with the svelte was how well it plants itself on my dirt road. I have to traverse one mile of washboards, potholes, and gravel to reach the highway. The 400 is extremely sure-footed even in the turns. Santa Fe is a pretty accepting little town. The ususal comment I get here is a big smile and "What the hell izat?" Never anything but lots of questions and smiles and you can imagine how this is Harley Land. Sometimes cowboys prefer 2 wheels!

Ted- Maybe there will be a day when our Burgys will meet! We have some awsome rides here!

I got a little excited this morning---the mud disappeared. It was covered over by 4 inches of snow. aaargh!!!!

Rise Safe All!

Erika
05 650 (soon)
04 400 (a keeper)
86 Helix (leaving soon)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
santafedr said:
snipped -Rise Safe All!

Erika
Well I try my best an' all! :oops: :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Greetings neighbor. We've been getting alot of rain, haven't we?
Are you planning on selling your 400?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, gheez Norm! One little mistake ....what a newbie poster! :oops: At least it is not Freudian---just bad eyesight!

ABQ- Yes, I am keeping the 400. I just love that little scoot for errands, lunch dates, etc. The 650 will be more for trips to Sedona, Bryce and Zion. Rain? I complain when we don't get sun 300 days a year. Our weather is still better than those folks in So. Calif are dealing with. Still, I AM getting tired of squishing to the mailbox.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm so jealous. I grew up in Santa Fe, and the first thing I thought when I got my Burgy was that it would be so cool to cruise Northern New Mexico on. You are SO lucky to have one and be there (I'm assuming yours has shown up by now). Take a ride out to Taos and think of me, will ya?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome aboard Erika. Santa Fe is one of my favorite places to visit and shop for art. I have been buying art in Santa Fe and Taos for the past 10 years and have enjoyed every trip that I have made to New Mexico. I would really enjoy riding the bike in your area, a sunset cruise would be nice as the sunsets between Santa Fe and Taos are spectacular.

I know what it is like waiting for a new bike, I am waiting for the delivery of my 650 executive and the wait is killing me. I have already purchased most of the accessories including a Corbin seat. I have to wait until May for the second shipment of 650 executives into Canada. To make matters worse we have had a steady diet of rain for the last two weeks so I have not been able to ride much.

Good luck and enjoy your new 650.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts