Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
That was on real, I do hope that rider was not hurt bad.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I could not make out what it was that he hit?

When things go wrong on two wheels, it can often be very sudden.

The deer seem to be particularly bad this fall - I've seen quite a few crossing the roads. A big buck entered a surburban apartment community here in Omaha several days ago, and jumped through plate glass windows into two apartments before it was caught.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Looks to us (the wife and I) like a dog. The crash looked inevitable.

The brake light was on and the back wheel skidding at the point of impact. Fast reflexes. However, I wonder what the result might have been if the rider had not been braking so hard when he struck it. Regardless, he wouldn't have made the next curve.

Steve

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mmmm, I stopped the video (during the "slow motion") just after he hit it. The animal's neck looked too long to be a dog. Besides, why would a dog be running out of the bush to the other side of the road in the middle of the country? Just a thought.

Reg

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm almost certain it was a young deer. The coloring but mostly the way it "bounded" or hopped into the roadway. Looked mostly brown with some white as well.

Lots of glare on the shield though, so tough to tell.

I've come close to hitting more than a few of these, but shudder watching this video. Wow. No chance.

·
Registered
182 Posts
flintbobbi said:
I'm almost certain it was a young deer. The coloring but mostly the way it "bounded" or hopped into the roadway. Looked mostly brown with some white as well.

Lots of glare on the shield though, so tough to tell.

I've come close to hitting more than a few of these, but shudder watching this video. Wow. No chance.
During the slow motion I stopped video several times and it looked to me like a young deer. I wonder if the outcome would have been different if they would have been going slower. Did you notice the speedometor was over 114mph on bike that was following when the lead bike hit the animal. Either way, what a bummer and I hope this person walked away.

Helix :(

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hmmmm !! I'm going to guess that this is actually the first reported footage of the illusive jackalope!!!!!!! It looked to me like it bounded like a jack rabbit . But it appears to be too big for a rabbit and too small for a deer so it must be a jackalope. I'm pretty sure it was spooked out of the woods by Bigfoot.

I hope the rider was safe as well. Maybe the footage is from Australia, they have some pretty weird looking animals down there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts