Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the opportunity to check the performance of this machine in a strait line run against their 650?

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Just seat of the pants

I rode both recently. The engines were similar, but the Burger was
a little quicker by virtue of the 5 speed tranny.

The burger really shined when it came to handling and the ergos
for my huge body. I really pitch the Burger into the turns and
I can't detect any flex and the tires stay planted.

Craig

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
mysticcobra said:
Has anyone had the opportunity to check the performance of this machine in a strait line run against their 650?
A couple magazines have done comparison tests. The Silver Wing cannot top the AN650 in acceleration or handling. Even if the engines were equal, the Burgman 650 has a superior transmission, which would give it the advantage. We also have a couple of members here who have owned both, who might confirm this.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I haven't done a side-by-side "drag-strip" type test, but I did test ride both prior to choosing my Burgman.

The Burgman accelerates faster and because of the forward mounted engine handled the twisties better than the Silver Wing in my opinion.

Overall it just felt more stable and "solid" under my big frame. (I'm 6' 5" and was 230 pounds at the time -- down to 224 this morning, 24 more to go. I'm out riding my Burgman every chance I get instead of sitting in front of the tube vegging and eating.)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
mysticcobra said:
Thanks Guys, also just wondering if anyone has change the exhaust yet namely from Leo Vince?
I have a Remus exhaust on my 650, and a couple of other guys here also have it. I can't recall anyone doing the Leo Vince yet. If you search the forum for "Remus" you'll come up with some info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts