1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Eeek! :shock: Interesting FF mod. Not that I'd ever do that to a Burgman/Skywave.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well - it could be a way of increasing fuel capacity! :shock: :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Actually if you drill down further to this page

You can see, although this is just proving work, how you can dramatically improve (lower) the centre of gravity of the Big Burger, albeit at the expense of losing all luggage space. With a smaller and sporty screen the cruising economy will be improved too with the rider so low. The side by side comparison with the TMax is striking!

Bryna - pay attention at the back - lose the luggage space and you could fit on a L..A.. Burger!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
NormanB said:
Bryna - pay attention at the back - lose the luggage space and you could fit on a L..A.. Burger!! :D :D :D
Norman, by gosh, you're right! :shock: WHERE DO I GET ONE??!!!

Cheers,

Bryna aka Vertically Challenged Woman

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bryna

You could probably achieve much of the effect by leaving all the plastic on and just do a very serious seat mod (might involve cutting and welding!) and just lose 'some' of the luggage space under your ass. As a guess if you also narrowed the seat a tadge where it matters you will be close or lower than you are on the Svelte Burger, in terms of planting your feet.

Need a 650 owner to comment 'cos I am not familiar with the exact layout.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
seatec said:
Norman do you ever sleep, or do you take your computer to bed :scratch: wayne
Wayne

Its only half past midnight here!! :shock:

I have two sayings - 'Eating is cheating' and 'Sleep is wasted time'.

The former from my more youthful days of excess when I consumed frightening quantities of ale. What I drank in a lunchtime then would poleaxe me for a week now!

The latter - I get 4 to 5 hours sleep a night - if I need it or not. It has always been enough for me and standing watch at sea never phased me because of that - other guys were dead on their feet!

Computers in a bedroom - no way. I listen to the radio in bed. :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
The nicest thing I can say about it is that I think it would look better in your garage than mine.

·
Registered
428 Posts
NormanB said:
A recent occupant of the oral, er, oval office would say "eatin' aint cheatin'", and wag a finger at you Norman.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bleeder said:
NormanB said:
A recent occupant of the oral, er, oval office would say "eatin' aint cheatin'", and wag a finger at you Norman.

Peace.
Touche :)

But for accuracy wasn't it 'being eaten' rather than .................Oh well

·
Registered
320 Posts
Norman,

Spoke to my local dealer re: the super diet for the L-A 650. He agreed--major chop-up needed. Didn't recommend it. "And doesn't the 400 do well for you on the highway?" (Nice guy, could have pushed a 650 at me but is instead working hard to find me a Svelte Burger.)

Had to agree Sushi more than holds her own... :)

So I'll stick with trying to adopt a twin for Sushi right now. He hopes to get an answer from his nat'l rep tomorrow/today and will call me today. Poor Sushi, we've had so much rain this week, she's not been out from under her cover since Monday. :cry:

Cheers,

Bryna aka VC Woman

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Personally I think its Fugly. The problem I see with lowering it that much is visibility over cars in front of you in traffic and being that much lower you are now hidden more so other traffic can't see you. I would rather sit up higher and one of the reasons I bought the Burgman was due to its under seat storage. If I didnt want storage I would have bought an SV650 or the likes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is one ugly bike. It ranks up there with the Wild Bill Gelbke Roadog. I tried to post a picture of it but don't quite know how. Check it out under Roadog.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts