Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
How about a choice.... there is analog on the 400, and digital on the 650. Seems like it would not be too difficult to do cross-platforms should the customer choose that package.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have found the analog dash on my 400 is harder to read and washs out more often due to sun light than the digital dash on my 650 did. The odometer and clock on the 400 are very hard to read most of the time. I preferred the 650 digital dash.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have no complaints about the digital dash. I particularly like the two trip counters. I use one in the ordinary fashion to chart gas mileage between fillups. I reset the other one to zero when I change oil. That way I can easily check it to determine how close I am to the next oil change.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I actually very much like the digital dash, and find that it matches the mature sports touring nature of the 650. Perhaps the analogue dials standard across the 250/400 single cylinder big-scooters offered by all the manufacturers suits their more young, fun and sporty feeling. Personally for this reason, I feel that the SilverWing 600's cockpit feels slightly less plush, and more youth oriented than the AN650. Perhaps this likeness with the popular, fun and stylish 250/400 big-scooter class is one reason why the SW has sold more than the AN650 - it succesfully attracts more younger and fashion concious city riders/commuters. As I bought the 650 for dedicated tandem long touring, as opposed to city commuting I quite like the mature tourer styling, and value the dual trip meters, and the easy to read speedo. It looks especially good at night. Well done Suzuki.

I suppose I have my cake and eat it in the sense that I use a Honda Reflex for the commute and city riding. I still think that it has one of the best looking (analogue) instrument panels on any big-scoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts