Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be old, but I didn't find anything on it.

My question is - Is the AN400S available in the US. Talked to a dealer yesterday and he said he was told they weren't available for him to order. Did some migrate from Canada, or was there just a very limited number brought into the US.

Wife is interested in the blue 400, so it's really not an issue, just curious.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
they are limited. One dealer on the other side of Houston had one but he said it didn't last long.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nancy.

Just found a listing for a new one in CA in the cycletrader. Dealer I was talking to said he had expressed his disappointment to his district rep that they would put a bike that was not available in the US in the brochure. His rep told him that they were only sold in foreign countries, and that the 400S was put in there by mistake, so HA to them both.

We ended up talking for awhile about the scooters. He didn't know about the 650 executive, or the International Burgman Society. Hope he gets a chance to come here so he can get some real info. :?

Kevin

Like your new pic, but it looks kinda sinister. :shock:

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Kevin, the dealer I got mine from had three (including mine). They had an ad for one recently on Cycletrader.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
IronRanger said:
Thanks Nancy.

Like your new pic, but it looks kinda sinister. :shock:
I found it in the gallery. It looked the most like me.... :twisted:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
pauljo said:
And Harley riders are supposed to look scary! :lol:

Just kidding, Nancy. :wink:
**GASP** lol
I'm just passing the time riding the Harley until I find the scooter I can't live without. That and building my credit and getting the Volusia paid off.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, now that I posted this I'm seeing stuff about them all over the US. Someone just posted in another thread that their dealer in Delaware only has the 400S's. Makes me wonder if the District Rep is confused, couldn't get them for his dealers, or didn't want to work for his dealers when they wanted them. The dealer I was at in Grantsburg, WI had a nice shop and a nice selection for being a small town dealer. He said had wanted one for his floor when He saw the picture.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The dealer were I picked mine up at said he had to purchase "x" of scooters to get the "S" models. I wonder if they were all sold to the dealers at last years dealer meeting or if they are still sitting in a warehouse?

·
Registered
32 Posts
We also have a Honda Helix that I just back from a 1500 miles trip with my sister and husband who 650 burgman. We had sidecar attached to Helix. After the trip I need a little more power going up on wind day with the sidecar. We will attached sidecar the burgman and my husband will get the Helix. I would another 1500 trip tomorrow we had great time. Toured WI, it was great.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds interesting. I would like to see some pics of your Burgman and sidecar once you are set up.

When you say you toured WI, that's Wisconsin, right? I was in Wisconsin last week. Went down the west side on highway 35, then across to highway 53 at Rice Lake, and back north to Minnesota. Very nice ride.
What areas did you get to, any recommendations?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got mine about a month ago, from my dealer, Xtreme Motorsports in Freeport, NY on Long Island. It was the only one they had, and they dont have anymore on display. I havent seen another in any other dealers around the NYC area. It caught my eye about 2 weeks b4 I traded up my Aprilia Scarabeo 150 for it. I wasnt even in the market for a new scooter of any kind. Love at first sight? It solved some of the styling issues I had with Maxi scooters. It also solved the need for speeeeed!!!! :roll:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was in my dealer's service dept. (Eastside Motosports, Bellevue, WA) yesterday getting my front brake lever checked, and I noticed they still have the other 400S in the downstairs showroom.

I was actually surprised to see it still there, although I must admit I don't see many maxiscooters on the Eastside. Lots of little Vespa-like critters running around on these sunny days, though. :wink:

I feel really sad though to see so many people, on scooters and Harleys and sportbikes, riding in shorts and short-sleeved shirts. I guess going down once dressed like that probably would do it, but I wish they would think about their skin before that happens. :(

And no, I'm not a prude just trying to get people to cover up!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Patty said:
I was in my dealer's service dept. (Eastside Motosports, Bellevue, WA) yesterday getting my front brake lever checked, and I noticed they still have the other 400S in the downstairs showroom.

I was actually surprised to see it still there, although I must admit I don't see many maxiscooters on the Eastside. Lots of little Vespa-like critters running around on these sunny days, though. :wink:

I feel really sad though to see so many people, on scooters and Harleys and sportbikes, riding in shorts and short-sleeved shirts. I guess going down once dressed like that probably would do it, but I wish they would think about their skin before that happens. :(

And no, I'm not a prude just trying to get people to cover up!
But they are superbly comfortable until just after the accident! :p

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wife is a new Burgman owner. I got to drive it the 150 mi home last night on back roads. She saw a blue 400 in Grantsburg, WI when we were out wandering and she kept giving me not so subtle hints that it might get sold. I came home tonight to a motorcycle permit taped to the computer, so I have to get my Honda out for her. I figure she can drop that and she won't feel bad about it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
So now yours is a 2 Burgie family! Cool! & congrats to the wife. Now she can dream up a screen name & join the rest of us fruit bats flying around here. :lol:

I just wonder how long it will be until she starts sneaking yours out late at night so she can play w/the cool tranny features & drag race the neighborhood kids?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Iron Ranger, We went up the left side of WI across the top and then down the right side. We saw serveral different waterwall due a gentleman my sister and brother law meet on this site. we ended up in Door County for the last part of vacation. We took the Fairy over to Washinton Island and scooted 50 miles over there. Door County is a must. The Fairy ride was about $50 per couple with scooters and one side car, well worth the money.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wyldman - No worries there, she's too short. :lol: She is now RoccoKitty on this site.

rtgood - Sounds like you saw most of WI in one trip. We were in Superior, WI awhile back and I really wanted to go check out Madeline Island on the north side. I haven't been on a ferry yet, or visited the Island. Wife was more intent on looking for her bike which was in the opposite direction. Was there anything special about getting on and off the ferry, or parking the scooters on the ferry?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts