Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should ask a dealer, but wanted to throw this out to y'all.&nbsp

I'm a small rider -- 5'2", 115 -- having a hard time finding a scoot with a low saddle height.&nbsp I sat on a 400 and felt right at home, but 400 is more than I need.&nbsp Now that I know there's a 250 available in at least Italy and Japan, wonder if it's possible to get one in the US.&nbsp

Seems to me it would be just like ordering an auto from a dealer?&nbsp Riders in Japan, any ideas of the cost to ship to a port city?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
308 Posts
taniwaki said:
I should ask a dealer, but wanted to throw this out to y'all.

I'm a small rider -- 5'2", 115 -- having a hard time finding a scoot with a low saddle height. I sat on a 400 and felt right at home, but 400 is more than I need. Now that I know there's a 250 available in at least Italy and Japan, wonder if it's possible to get one in the US.

Seems to me it would be just like ordering an auto from a dealer? Riders in Japan, any ideas of the cost to ship to a port city?

Thanks in advance.
I really like that Yamaha Vino, the bigger one, I think is 125cc. Very stylish

·
Registered
320 Posts
Honda Reflex

The Honda Reflex (with or without ABS/anti-locking brakes) is 250cc and has been available in the U.S. for ages. You can probably find them used on cycletrader.com or check out an area Honda powersports dealer near you.

Good luck!

Bryna

·
Registered
498 Posts
taniwaki, sorry I missed this.

Basically, the 400 scoot is only a bored out 250, so the dimensions are identical. The AN250/400 are basically identical machines apart from the size of the lump riding on the rear axel. The new Yamaha Majesty 400 is a bored out Grand Majesty 250 and so on. It's a good way to leverage the existing components and keep development costs down, and really is feeding the Japanese license catagories graduates - 250, 400, unlimited.

The Reflex is good, and as Bryna says I think it's been available on the market for a while. Failing that, go for the AN400 - the new Majesty 400 is way bigger...

Regarding shipping - not advised as there is huge import duty into the States from here.

Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
250 cc's

The reflex was the replacement for the Helix's.But the demaned was so great that honda decided to bring it back to life.and it's still in production.

Glennby.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Tanawaki: I've had both the Helix and Reflex. The Helix is wonderful for around town with a nice soft suspension, but it doesn't have the great handling of the Reflex which is more stiff and is comparable to the Burg 400 which I now ride. If you can find a Helix cheap, it would be a good way to get started and then later move up to something else....or maybe it would be all you'd ever need.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had a 1999 Burgman 250, not too long after they arrived. The saddle height was really low, I think 27" and as far as I know this was the lowest saddle on any scooter. Not sure if the newer 250 Burgman is still as low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts