Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I bought a set of EOS Stainless Steel racks to mount my Givi E-41 side cases to my 2009 Burgman 650 Executive. I noted that shortly after mounting them they seemed to be bending. It was suggested that someone might have tried removing my Givi's from the bike as a possible cause of the bending.

Now, several months down the road my feelings about the EOS racks haven't changed much. The left rack is still bent some (I tried to straighten it without much success). It is still doing it's job though. My Givi E41 is still in place and the rack is working as advertised. I still cannot say what caused the bending to the rack. It is no worse today than it was the day I noticed it (a couple of days after the install). To the casual observer, everything looks good so I can't really complain about my racks. They work as advertised.

Would I purchase them again? I am not sure, but probably not. I think knowing what I do now, I would save my pennies and buy Kiwi Dave's racks. Am I planning on selling mine and buying his? Again, no. I will use these until/if they fail. Do I think they are going to fail? No, not really. I think they will continue to do the job but they do not hold the large Givi's as securely as I would have preferred. Should you buy a set of EOS Stainless Steel racks? I cannot answer that question for you. Mine are holding up well (although they are bent some). You will just have to decide if the price below Kiwi Dave's racks is worth it to you. His racks have consistently received great reviews. I have given the only review of the EOS racks that I am aware of and my review is somewhat of a mixed review. I would have to say the the EOS racks should get 4 of 5 stars if I was going to just give a fair score. From what I hear, Kiwi Dave would get 5 of 5 stars from my reading here on BUSA.

Thanks for reading this update.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
My review is about the same except mine haven't bent ..........YET ?
Mine have held up better but mine are only carrying 21's , and for
the most part I don't overload them . Would I buy them again ? NO
Bottom line they are working and not bending for now , how long will
they last ? I don't know but for now they are just OK . I've never had
a set of Kewi Dave's so I cannot comment on those , these however are
flimsy and like I said above knowing what I know now I would not buy them .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
My review is about the same except mine haven't bent ..........YET ?
Mine have held up better but mine are only carrying 21's , and for
the most part I don't overload them . Would I buy them again ? NO
Bottom line they are working and not bending for now , how long will
they last ? I don't know but for now they are just OK . I've never had
a set of Kewi Dave's so I cannot comment on those , these however are
flimsy and like I said above knowing what I know now I would not buy them .

TheReaper!
Thanks for the up date on the EOS mounts, I did experiment back in 2009 with the 2m stainless but decided that making them with a heaver material would be safer and give better piece of mind for my self and subsequently customers.

Some reviews of my mounts: LINK

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long term update on my EOS racks. Thought I would come back about a year later and update my review of my EOS racks. They are still holding up with no tears and the bends that they developed early are no worse. Do I recommend them, NO I do not. Save the extra money and buy Kiwi Dave's racks or the Givi tubular racks. The EOS racks would need to be much thicker before I could recommend them to other riders.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
While mine are holding up rather well , mainly I think because I don't overload them . Normally I keep light stuff like rain gear , gloves an extra jacket etc .
Real heavy stuff like a case of pop or beer go under the seat . I would not recommend they be used for heavy stuff for a trip , or one might find himself in deep poop .

TheReaper!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts