Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Putting this here to share and to create a dialog with all the elders here. After watching please comment and add something for the younger to keep.

Six years later and four days before his death:

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
my advice, don't listen to old people, they're only after sex or money

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Saw the first video and the jist of it is an overall be positive message but nothing specific

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw the first video and the jist of it is an overall be positive message but nothing specific
Yes the second video was rather a replay of the first....
Not a lot of earth shattering truths in either video but he made an unscripted attempt to explain 1. life is not easy 2. you can’t quit 3. increase your value as a person and as an employee by continuing to learn.

I’ve been listening to this song for 15 years now based on a 100 year old poem:

Reactions: s-steel

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
I'd like to be remembered like Phil Smart Sr is. And of course, that means that I need to lead my life before I die in a way that makes that happen.

Phil Smart owned a Mercedes dealership in Seattle. He obviously had millions, and I suppose he bought his toys. But what he is remembered for is going to the local Children's hospital. Here's a quote from The Seattle Times:

Mr. Smart volunteered at Children’s hospital for 46 years, visiting children in the rehabilitation unit on Wednesday nights and for 26 years showing up on Christmas mornings as “the real Santa Claus.”
I'd rather be known for the lives I've touched in a good way, and how I gave to others...than the toys I collected.

Chris
(An Old Man :D )

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Daboo,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts