Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have about 1600 miles on my Burgman 400 and it finally came to me why I like it so much. It is a composit of all the previous motorcycles and scooters I have owned and even includes some components not available on any other bike or scooter. I have listed below my assessment of these attributes:

1. It has the look, manuverability, and high tech components of a sport/race bike.

2. It has the comfort, riding position, long wheelbase, and low seat of a cruiser.

3. It has the lockable storage, passenger accomodations, fuel range, reliability, weather protection, and instrumentation of a touring bike.

4. It has the economy, convience, low maintenance, automatic transmission, ease of operation, and agility of a scooter.

5. In addition it has some attributes not found on any of the other bikes I have owned, like the easily adjustable rear suspension, parking brake, and a cell phone charger in a lockable glove compartment.

So when the journalists talk about this and other mega scooters as being a hybred or composit between a motorcycle and a scooter I think they should point out that it takes the best attributes from all these vehicles and puts them into one affordable two wheeled vehicle that is both fun and practical.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That sounds like the perfect bike, I have got to get one.
"O" wait a minute, I already own one. :lol:

Terry, kidding aside I "ditto" what Chuck said .

·
Registered
553 Posts
I agree

texascycle said:
Ditto that, Terry!
I totally agree. I have a 2002 Bajaj Lengend. I haven't riden it much lately but tonight I rode it after dark and in 42 degree weather and then rode the 400 burgman to the same places. Man what a differance! Of course the Lengend doesn't have a windscreen but I noticed that even down on my legs it was much colder than on the 400. Much more weather protection than the Bajaj even though it is a stepthough scooter with a leg shield. I assume that the aerodynamics of the 400 have to do with steering the wind more out away from you the more flat style (Vespa Style) of the Bajaj Lengend. I recently sat on some traditional motorcycles at the dealer and remembered what it was like to ride them and then went over and sat on a new 400 like mine that they have there and comparing them and don't believe I would ever go back to the traditional motorcycle for regular riding. Maybe something to get off the road with like a Honda Ruckus or even a Honda Rebel (I don't think I would want a regular dirt bike. On the other hand I took the an400 off the highway the other day and across a field and a rough dirt road and up over a dirt hill to get to a place where there is an old dump where we sometimes shoot. And it did an excellant job! As long as a guy takes it easy and dosn't bite off more than he can chew the 400 seems to do that really well. The seat on the 400 also makes an excellant rest for sighting in your rifles.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have to agree with swstiles, I rode the 400 to work today. The temp. was 31 degrees F. but much colder due to wind etc. The only thing that still bothered me were my fingers. I have to definitely get a shield or different gloves. I was not cold anywhere else. And once again impressed with the silent speed of Scooter. I am going to get a ticket before too long if I keep this up :wink:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Evelyn said:
I am going to get a ticket before too long if I keep this up :wink:
Judging from what others on this forum have said (including myself), I have yet to hear of anyone getting a ticket on a Burgman! Perhaps because they can't get a good reading with radar? Maybe because its a scooter and not taken seriously? Am I wrong?... did anyone get a ticket on their Burger yet?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perhaps because they can't get a good reading with radar?
Chuck, I would think with its small front profile and amount of plastic, it would be difficult to get a very reliable radar reading -- anyone out there who can comment on this with any certainty?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cheers swstiles :) I had never heard of a Honda Ruckus before - now theres yet another scooter that I just have to have!!!
Not so keen on the Ruckus 50, but the 250.... now there's a toy :shock:

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID7646?mid=2004090545309&mime=JPG

This forum is wrecking my bank balance.... the only saving grace is that they don't seem to be available on this island, phew.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
mupp said:
This forum is wrecking my bank balance.... the only saving grace is that they don't seem to be available on this island, phew.
Here is a RUCKUS available in the UK:

RUCKUS

:D :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Norm - that link won't open for me :(
Maybe the FFF (ferocious firm's firewall), I'll try it when I get home.

It's bound to be something daft knowing you anyway. :D

I want a Ruckus!! In fact it didn't look too dissimilar to when you stripped off the bodywork on your old 400.

Now there's a project ! An off road Burgie !

Dave

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It's a mountain bike but what caught my eye are the two men on the right in their undies... :shock:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Suprisingly Nancy -I did not notice them!

Shame on you. :D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Well I'm sure if it were women, they would have caught your eye..
I was just reading around the page and BAM...there it was..LMAO

·
Registered
119 Posts
It opened when I got home - it never ceases to amaze me the sites our Net Nannies block at work. Now mountain biking is a dodgy subject??? And STILL they haven't blocked BurgmanUSA with all you perves on here... :D

Actually, my eyes were drawn immediately to the photo on the opposite side of the page in the black T shirt :p :p

Although I can't remember what you're supposed to do with them.

Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts