Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went out and started to work on my project scooter toward the end of work. My buddy rode by my garage/shop and saw me and stopped to see the new project. He then went to his garage/storage and started to work on his Harley that needed a new starter. About 10 minutes later my Triumph Daytona buddy came up to pay his rent for his space and then walked over to talk to find me. While talking we walked down to see the Harley and my homeless biker dude friend rode up on his Suzuki dual sport bike. So now when my vintage BMW buddy rode in he saw our bikes and rode over. As we were all talking 2 more customers that ride came in on a Goldwing and a Victory and rode on over. Shortly there after Tracy had fixed his starter and wanted to check it out. We all decided that we would all go on a short ride with him to check it out. You should have seen the looks we got when they saw a complete variety of bikes rolling as one group. There was one for each and every style or preference. What started out as a crazy hectic beginning of the month ended with a glorious ride of eclectic bikes. What a successful day!
Just what my dreams are made of! :cool:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
People on Motorcycles still Don't See us as equals Scootereno, What should we do about it. He He

Elliott,

·
Registered
145 Posts
At the new bike show last week, my two friends and I all had a great time.

I was looking at Burgman, one friend a Gold wing and the other a Can Am Spyder.

We will all have new bikes this summer and the one common thread is we like to ride and all want to bring our wives with us. (At least, some of the time)

Now, to answer the question, of how does the scooter earn their respect? By showing them your tail lights, of course.

Blakers

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel I have earned the respect for scooters locally any how. I have rode with 850+ every Memorial day for the last 5 years on a scooter and each time more scooters have shown up and earned/shared the respect. I have ridden with 70+ sports bikes many times and the scooter now has there respect. I ride with the PGR and this Scooter Sissy is more than welcome and respected. I now even have HD riders stick up for the scooter at local rallies. I was recently chosen to be a ride captain on March 15 for 120+ YouTubers (mostly kids on sports bikes) through the north Ga. Mountain Twisties so yes I believe the scooter has achieved respect.
No matter what you ride if you ride with respect you gain respect! :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts