Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the lower cover over the license plate and under the tail light fit between the two? Mine just flew off after I hit a bump.

·
Premium Member
14,259 Posts
I think you are asking if item number 10 on these fiches: http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/suz/508c064af870020498e369f0/frame-cover-an400sk5-sk6 or http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/suz/508c05d1f870020498e3699b/frame-cover-an400k5-k6 is the same between the regular and sport models of the 400. It is the same but the last 3 characters of the part numbers will be different, examples 47321-14G00-YC2 or 47321-14G00-YD8. Those last three characters denote the paint color, examples: YC2 denotes the part will be painted in the metalic blue on the 06 sport model, YD8 denotes the part is painted the silver of the 05 standard model.

If you are ordering a new one you would want to be sure to use 47321-14G00- + the three more characters that denote the paint color for your model. If you are buying a used one and painting it to match then it won't matter.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
.....and when installing your replacement, if the pin-rivets
on each side do not fit snugly & tight, use nylon wire-ties
through the holes, to hold that panel in place......
then this won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I was so mad when I turned around and came back to find it shattered in a million pieces. Is there anything other than zip ties I could use to make it more secure? Just seems like a screw or something would be nice to take it on and off easily.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Pin-rivets that fit TIGHT are OK, but
if you don't have any pin-rivets handy,
the wire-ties work OK too.
It's not a handy place to get to,
to install a screw & locknut, but
a 1/4 X 20 stainless screw & locknut
would be ideal.

·
Premium Member
14,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Thanks Buffalo.....
yep...that's a better answer..
(forgot about those)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just went ahead and used the zip ties. Can't even see them. This will never happen again with those in there. Besides the lack of a passenger back rest, what all is the difference between the 400 and 400s?

·
Premium Member
14,259 Posts
Wheels painted black, no covers on the handlebars and they are chromed, shorter mirror stalks, different muffler cover and end cap, smaller windshield, and of course the spoiler with LED brake light instead of the backrest.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like they just changed little things and called it a sport model. Nothing really substantial that you couldn't do to the regular one in the first place.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Besides the lack of a passenger back rest, what all is the difference between the 400 and 400s?
The Type S or sport has several differences to the base model.

#1 different colors - black or bright red in 2005 and bright blue in 2006
#2 shorter windshield
#3 spoiler with 3rd brake light
#4 black painted wheels and fork tubes
#5 naked handlebar
#6 shorter mirrors
#7 gauges are white with red numbers
#8 the muffler heatshield and tip are satin silver
#9 the side script has "Type S" instead of "400"

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So there is a difference in the blue color compared to the stock? Always thought the s model ones in blue looked different. I liked the color compared to the regular blue. Anyone have a paint number for it?

·
Premium Member
14,259 Posts
The color code for the blue on the 06 400 S is YC2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts