Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any past experience with Amsoil oil filters for motorcycles/scooters. I use their oil in my AN650, as well as my vehicles (used their vehicle filters for years with no problems), but have not tried their bike filters. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Someone posted a link to a website where a guy had bought some of the filters that fit the 650 - that was a few months ago. He evaluated each of them but I don't know how good he is at that. His universal finding was there was no real good filter made for the Burgman. Mainly due to the particular threads that Suzuki decided to go with on all of their motors. That website also had a link to an adapter so you can use other filters. FWIW I buy Emglo filters and have been for years. I've not had any problems with their filters. I'm sure the Amsoil is good as well.

EDIT: After a short search I found the website I mentioned above. It would appear the Amsoil filter is slightly above mediocre. I may have to check into their filter as it appears to by slightly better than the Emglo I currently use.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Does anyone have any past experience with Amsoil oil filters for motorcycles/scooters. I use their oil in my AN650, as well as my vehicles (used their vehicle filters for years with no problems), but have not tried their bike filters. Any input appreciated.
Change oil filter at every oil change, since 2005 have tried several different oil filter on both 2005 and 2009 650 Burgman, Suzuki OEM 16510-03G00-X07, Fram PH6018, Napa 1359, Hi-Flo 138, EMGO 10-55660, have not had any (none) problem with any of them, be it to thread on or off, zilch leak or any other problem, they all fit perfectly.

Have never use Amsoil oil filter and can not help you with that filter but Amsoil SMF109 not rated better than EMGO 10-55660 that I use several unit per year now and can purchase for as little as $4.00 U.S, this EMGO better rated than SMF 109. In aftermarket oil filter prefer EMGO 10-55660 that order 4-6 unit each order.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterStudy.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use the Amsoil filters and I have for years. The filter I use on my 650 Burgman is the same filter that fits on my GSXR1000. They've always provided me good service and I trust Amsoil to provide me with top quality products.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must tell you that I am an Amsoil dealer. Although I don't really work it, I just wanted to have access to to some of the best lubricants available for myself, family and friends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts