Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Coming next Spring. A fantastic weekend of riding through the Amish country. See horse led carriages as you pass by farms with no electricity. Might even see "lebanon Levy"

This rally features small group rides led by experienced ride captains OR you may ride solo! We hope to produce brochures with maps and places of interest over the Winter.

The riding experience will be well planned and safe.

More informational updates to follow throughout the Winter.

Follow this thread.

Thanks much.

·
Registered
739 Posts
What States.. Ohio? Pennsylvania?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was wondering that also.

We have Amish areas here in Ohio - in good areas for a ride also.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, I would be interested.
Need to know what Amish country.
Any idea as to when, month, weed days, week end?

·
Registered
8 Posts
WOW. Keep me in the loop. I live in Amish country and have run into Lebanon Levi at a couple of functions. If that's the area it's the Amish of PA.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I might be in as I've been hankering to get down into the Lancaster area but always get hooked into 144 :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
What States.. Ohio? Pennsylvania?
Or Kentucky? Lots of Amish (horses, carriages and all) around here. Even plenty of road apples to run over on the highway. Pretty slick, them road apples.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
500 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the poster (a good friend) is speaking of the Lancaster Pa area... I must admit that the other places spoke of are interesting too, I was unaware that the Amish where in Wis.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There are different Amish and Mennonite communities all over the Midwest - I've ridden through communities in Illinois and Ohio. Stop in at one of their restaurants and try the corn relish and apple butter!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The Miller family have a restaurant in Sarasota. They are from north east Ohio where I grew up and they have a restaurant up there too, good food, home cooking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Strange the OP never posted any further info. I would think if he's trying to organize a ride he'd be talking about it already. Makes me think there's a troll amongst us.:confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was surprised to learn where there are large Amish settlements around the USA. According to Wikipedia, the folowing states have significant numbers of Amish, (from greatest to least):

Ohio
Pennsylvania
Indiana
Wisconsin
New York
Michigan
Missouri
Kentucky
Iowa
Illinois
Minnesota
Tennessee
Maryland
Delaware
Kansas
Virginia
Many other states have fewer than 1,000 Amish members

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I would join this ride because I know some of the group, however I hope the dates are forthcoming because my calendar is starting to fill.

·
Registered
739 Posts
THe guy made 1 post that's it.. very strange.. trolling for Amish Aficianados I guess..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts