Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow. Just wow. Is there a story behind that? It looks as though a coat of paint might be a good idea.

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
Yardbirds Home Center is a defunct chain of home improvement stores based in Petaluma, California, United States. Their trademark colors were yellow and white. Their mascot was a white buzzard with yellow overalls. These stores were not affiliated with the Yard Birds stores based out of Chehalis, Washington that used a black bird with a yellow beak as its mascot.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
:p wild
Never seen that one before but I like these roadside oddities.
I remember a giant lobster up in New Brunswick that made me smile

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,165 Posts
Neat picture. This was back before the mega-chains when we had regional chains or independent stores with character. When did those companies go out of business?

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
15,165 Posts
@ DarisPakar
Interesting bit of history there. Like so many, I have heard the name all my life associated mostly with wood and paper products. I didn't realize they were in so many other markets.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I lived near there 91-93. Remember Yardbirds as all kinds of stuff for sale, some good, some chinese cheapo. That store and just about everything else flooded in 90 and 94 or thereabouts. Chehalis-Centrailia, Longview-Kelso, twin towns, North and twin towns, South. Longview-Kelso observed to be, during our stay, to have the LONGEST duration traffic lights known to man!

You need to ride your scoot to McMinnville, OR to the Evergreen Aviation Museum to see the largest airplane ever and it is made of WOOD! My sheetmetal aviation shop was at the Toledo, WA airport.

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
Hey State of Washington Riders .....Have you seen any of these sculptures ?

More like that

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
Love the "Pinnies", best thing "you lot" (USA) came up with (and Dr Pepper) - they are pretty popular here in Aus, they are also pretty bloody expensive here in Aus! There's actually a lot (used) being imported here from European Countries not doing so well. Due to the market being good there's good coin to be made on them.
Take it easy all. Catch Ya Later On. Mike.
The Dr Pepper Museum is a 90 minute ride from my house in Waco, Texas (pronounced Way-co)

The Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas is a two day ride from home:

·
Registered
2013 Burgman 650 who's name is Frankenberg...
1,074 Posts
The Dr Pepper Museum is a 90 minute drive from my house in Waco, Texas (pronounced Way-co)

The Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas is a two day ride from home:
I enjoyed the nuclear museum there in Vegas last time I was there. Got to see some projects I worked on, also showed how old I am...

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
I remember being scolded by my first grade teacher “do not catch snowflakes on your tongue”. ❄👅

So I took this the last day of school:

·
Administrator
21,726 Posts
Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Administrator
21,726 Posts
"In 1891 Morrison and new partner Robert Lazenby organized the Artesian Manufacturing and Bottling Company in order to sell Dr Pepper as well as other soft drinks.

That same year, while visiting Waco, a Texas businessman by the name of Sam Houston Prim tasted the fountain drink and knew he wanted to sell it through his new Dublin Bottling Works company. An agreement was made between Mr. Prim and Mr. Lazenby, and Dublin became home to the first facility to actually bottle Dr Pepper.

The soda enjoyed steady growth in sales and began to spread in popularity across the country. But it wasn’t until 1904 that Dr Pepper gained real national exposure. Along with other soon-to-be favorites like ice cream cones and hamburgers, Dr Pepper was introduced to the rest of the U.S. and the entire world at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis.

Over the years, Dublin Bottling Works became known for the Kloster family’s commitment to friendly service and quality products, including the distinctive taste of what came to be called “Dublin Dr Pepper” and a host of other fantastic sodas, all made with pure cane sugar. Although Dublin Bottling Works no longer produces Dr Pepper, we maintain a special relationship and legacy that’s rooted in the life and work ethic of W.P. Kloster. "

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
Now I know the rest of the story ! Thanks Paul Harvey_J 🤣 you told it like a True Proud Texan.

Bill Kloster never studied marketing. The words goals, objectives, strategies and tactics weren’t part of his vocabulary.
He didn’t promote his product from a textbook; he did it from his heart — a concept that would have left marketing gurus cringing. Except that it worked.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts