Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow. Just wow. Is there a story behind that? It looks as though a coat of paint might be a good idea.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Yardbirds Home Center is a defunct chain of home improvement stores based in Petaluma, California, United States. Their trademark colors were yellow and white. Their mascot was a white buzzard with yellow overalls. These stores were not affiliated with the Yard Birds stores based out of Chehalis, Washington that used a black bird with a yellow beak as its mascot.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
:p wild
Never seen that one before but I like these roadside oddities.
I remember a giant lobster up in New Brunswick that made me smile

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
Neat picture. This was back before the mega-chains when we had regional chains or independent stores with character. When did those companies go out of business?

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
@ DarisPakar
Interesting bit of history there. Like so many, I have heard the name all my life associated mostly with wood and paper products. I didn't realize they were in so many other markets.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I lived near there 91-93. Remember Yardbirds as all kinds of stuff for sale, some good, some chinese cheapo. That store and just about everything else flooded in 90 and 94 or thereabouts. Chehalis-Centrailia, Longview-Kelso, twin towns, North and twin towns, South. Longview-Kelso observed to be, during our stay, to have the LONGEST duration traffic lights known to man!

You need to ride your scoot to McMinnville, OR to the Evergreen Aviation Museum to see the largest airplane ever and it is made of WOOD! My sheetmetal aviation shop was at the Toledo, WA airport.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Hey State of Washington Riders .....Have you seen any of these sculptures ?

More like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts