Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there interested in getting a bunch o' Burgmans together at
Americade next June? My wife's definitely riding her 400 out from
Buffalo, maybe we could use the forum to get something organised..
I'll volunteer to set things up if there is any interest....
Leave postings or questions here, I'll check and reply frequently.
We've been going to Americade for 15 years now, and are aware of what
goes on there--a Family oriented massive rally. 50000 bikes there last year!

Maybe if anyone is heading there through the western NY area, we could link
up and ride up in a group. (Just like Hollister?)

Anyway, the website for Americade is http://www.tourexpo.com

Bill Seward
8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
It sounds good to me.
I'm about 3 hours south from Lake George.
Please keep me advised.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bill Seward said:
Anyone out there interested in getting a bunch o' Burgmans together at
Americade next June?

hmmm. I just might. I have ordered a 2004 Burgman 650 so should have it in Late January, early Feb. I was planning on trailering from Seattle area to Maryland in June (taking family to visit in-laws) and we were going to dump the kids at Grandmas and do a bit of touring. Maybe we should consider riding from MD up to Americade. Might be fun. I have never been to one but visited the web site and it looks like it could be alot of fun (with my kind of people!)

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I am thinking about riding up to Americade also. The comments I have heard about it were all positive. How is the motel availbility?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Americade

Could be interested. I have a 650 Burgman (and a BMW R1150RT) and my wife rides a Silverwing 600. We live in Philadelphia. I will be following your posts.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Newbie here, I use to live in Lake George NY for 3 years, It is a wonderful show, lots of incredible mountain areas to ride, sights are great. If you are planning on going NOW is the time to reserve your room!!!! There are plenty of hotel/motel and several camp grounds. But reserve soon. I believe if you can get a room in Glens Falls area its cheaper in the summer. The show is worth the ride!!! Every walk of life that rides a bike goes. Lots of cool family theme parks and show too. If you have any question you can PM me anytime, I will try to help you.

Pick up my Burgman 650 this weekend!!! :twisted: :D 8)

·
Registered
42 Posts
PB gave a good description of the event and location. My wife and I have attended this event for (no kidding) 20 years! It's huge and there's so much to do. How about test riding just about any make and model of motorcycle...and the 'test' rides are from 10 to 40 miles! Great trade show...lot's of 2-wheel related goodies to buy. Excellent scenery...evergreens, lakes and winding roads. While there, it would be interesting to take a day-tour with a pack of Burgmans. 8)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Maybe next year

As tempting as it is, Americade isn't in the cards for me this year. However, 2005 is a whole other matter.

Best wishes to anyone going to this great event. Remember you are representing all of big scooter riders at Americade. So when you party, party for us all! Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Husband and I bought two Burg 400s today (yeee-hah!), and Lake George isn't that far for us. If work schedules and whatnot permit, perhaps we can play, too!

Bill, let us know what you work out, will you?

--Chris & Mike Lucey
Tannersville, New York

1 - 12 of 12 Posts