Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ready to take the plunge. I am 6'3", 32" inseam, 260 lbs and getting lighter (thanks Atkins). Anyway, am I too big for the 400? Will I be knocking my knees on the handle bars? I like the simplicity of the 400 not to mention the lower price.

Help!

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
428 Posts
Heya Richard, I'm 5'-11" with a 32" inseam and my 400 fits me just peachy, but I only weigh a buck sixty five or so. Go sit on one at a dealer and try it on, test ride it if you can.

Peace.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm 6'2" 210 lbs with short legs like you. The 400 is compact but I don't feel cramped. I like that it's a lightweight. I think I would only think about owning the 650 if I liked riding on the freeway at 80+mph. I'm MORE than happy with my 400.

Thanx
Russ

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
corbullo said:
Hi all,

Ready to take the plunge. I am 6'3", 32" inseam, 260 lbs and getting lighter (thanks Atkins). Anyway, am I too big for the 400? Will I be knocking my knees on the handle bars? I like the simplicity of the 400 not to mention the lower price.

Help!

Thanks,

Richard
Richard

I am 6' 1", 34 inseam 190Ibs and I find my Burg 400 OK (ish), I believe there may be even more room in the Burger you are likely to buy.

There are modifications you can also do with the butt stop which will also give you an extra couple of inches stretching room too (Do a search on butt stops).

That said the good thing about the Burgman style is you can actually move around from time to time and not constrained by a gearshift and footbrake pedal - this is a real great advantage and aids comfort. That said you do have to hold on to the handlebars. :wink:

Do it - and enjoy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Richard

I needed more room on my 400. I am 6-1 225# At rvtoys.net Jac has

made a bracket that you can use your butt stop as a back rest and gain

leg room. It worked great for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
That backrest bracket looks great!

Was it easy to install? Does the seat still remain water tight? Does it affect the comfort of a paaenger? and Is it comfy for the driver??

I may have to order one, I need just a couple more inches of seat under my butt.

****, one day of ownership and it looks like I am ready to start to mod...

Johnny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Johnny
Real simple to install. As fare as water tight don't know. I did a couple

of mods to it. I put another notch in the slides of the butt rest got 1/2

inch more room. I also bent the bracket a we bit for the best comfort for

me. Bending wasn't hard, I put it in a vice and used a big pair of

channel locks. Now when I set back my arms are straight almost locked

If you want to go two up not much room for the passenger. But in a few

seconds you can take it off. About the notch in the gallery page 8 Jims