Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is with those wicked Burgmans? What evil against other kinds of two-wheelers do they possess?

After only 6 months of ownership why is it that I climb over my other wonderfully worthy motorcycles to ride that wretched 650 Burgman?? I mean, sure, I take the other bikes out for a ride- rode the PC800 almost 400 miles over the weekend- but as a general rule I will go right past the GL1800, the PC800 or even my fun to putt around on KLR and take off on my Burgman. Why is that?

People will tell you that inanimate objects have no feelings and are therefore incapable of giving anyone the "evil eye" but I beg to differ. If I do not keep my gaze diverted whenever I go out in the garage to get something as soon as my eyes land on the Burgman I find it taking over my previous thought process and in a matter of seconds I am taking it out for a ride. And I wasn't even planning on it!

Is there any kind of remedy for this malady? Sure, I mean I could ride the other bikes more than I do, but that evil Burgman is always putting a spell on me and making me ride it now. What am I to do? Help me someone!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not sure it's the "evil eye." Mountain folks in the Ozarks have a term -- Klediments. It means an inanimate object that has earned a right to be close to you.

It sounds like you are developing Kledimential feelings toward your Burgman. (We won't tell your wife.) From reading quite a few posts here at BurgmanUSA, I'd say it's a common occurrence.

John

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rustydust, I'm afraid you are ruined for life since there is no way to reset your mind back in time like you could a computer. My condolences. :D

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Rustydust, I'm afraid you are ruined for life since there is no way to reset your mind back in time like you could a computer. My condolences. :D
+1 Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi

I post many time in past and post again, '' the 650 Burgman is motorcycle industry best kep secret '' .

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think its her way of telling you to sell the other bikes. She wants to be the only one.

·
Administrator
18,744 Posts
The movie Christine bring any thing to mind? :twisted:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think there is a 12 step program, but it involves not riding, cold turkey. Ya gotta apologize to people for riding so much in the past, go to meetings with really heavy smokers, lots of praying, you have to get a sponsor, etc. etc.

I just admit I have no power over it and ride. :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
[QUOTE-Is there any kind of remedy for this malady? [/QUOTE]

Sorry, you can't unknow what you already know, you know?

Sirkirider

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Resistance is futile.....
wear the Burgman GRIN proudly.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I can tell one thing only -- i don't know how Zuki made those scoots. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I can tell one thing only -- i don't know how Zuki made those scoots. :)
Ancient Alien theorists believe, with extraterrestrial knowledge.
I know one thing, I can't help it, I always look back at the Burg after parking and walking away. I can't help it.
I think #1 in step program is admitting you have a problem. Can I go to step 2 now?

·
Registered
585 Posts
The movie Christine bring any thing to mind? :twisted:
Yeah - an evil Plymouth! One of Stephen King's greatest books too!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I tell my MC friends they're welcome to try the Burgmans anytime they like, but it will cost them... When they want one for themselves! Be careful what you wish for, Resistance is futile!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I went through the same thing. What you are describing I think that you are in real trouble. You need to seek professional help.

Steve.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I think #1 in step program is admitting you have a problem. Can I go to step 2 now?
No, not yet -- gotta look back at the Burgie again :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Is there any kind of remedy for this malady? Sure, I mean I could ride the other bikes more than I do, but that evil Burgman is always putting a spell on me and making me ride it now. What am I to do? Help me someone!!!
The remedy is actually fairly straightforward. You already have a 650 - get yourself a 400! Then the two of them will vie with one another for your attention.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The serious answer to the question is that Burgmans are the quintessential "Jack of all trades" bike, and just plain convenient. Other bikes are often better at one thing or another, but after riding a Burgman, you become acutely aware of what those other bikes can't do.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The remedy is actually fairly straightforward. You already have a 650 - get yourself a 400! Then the two of them will vie with one another for your attention.
You know that's not a half bad idea. Rustydust, if you ever get a 400, you'll be shocked at how much it calls to you, even louder than the 650 sometimes. RustyJ said the 650 is the quintessential jack-of-all-trades bike. And, while I don't disagree with that statement, I think the 400 is the better all-rounder. It's my go to bike for most errands, commuting and even weekend twisties.

So, there is possibly a stronger calling out there. Do you dare take up the challenge?

Oh, and so far as the MCs, mine hung out for a year, unridden, before it saw the garage door open for the last time. She was a nice Honda, nicknamed "Candy" due to her red apple color. The scooter didn't seem to care as Candy rode away for the last time. Kinda snickered actually.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
What is with those wicked Burgmans? What evil against other kinds of two-wheelers do they possess?
After only 6 months of ownership why is it that I climb over my other wonderfully worthy motorcycles to ride that wretched 650 Burgman?? I mean, sure, I take the other bikes out for a ride- rode the PC800 almost 400 miles over the weekend- but as a general rule I will go right past the GL1800, the PC800 or even my fun to putt around on KLR and take off on my Burgman. Why is that?
People will tell you that inanimate objects have no feelings and are therefore incapable of giving anyone the "evil eye" but I beg to differ. If I do not keep my gaze diverted whenever I go out in the garage to get something as soon as my eyes land on the Burgman I find it taking over my previous thought process and in a matter of seconds I am taking it out for a ride. And I wasn't even planning on it!
You know they say '' When lose virginity, you never can go back '' mean Burgman virginity of course.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts