Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
sube5186 said:
Has anyone changed the step boards on their Burgman? I was considering something like these and was wondering if they installed without issue. Thanks!

Sube

http://japan.webike.net/products/20128915.html
Why....????????????? the rubber is so much easier to keep clean and also not hot in the sun........???? :?:

·
Premium Member
8,179 Posts
if they say they are cut to mold for the burgman maybe no problem and you can just run the screws in to the plastic footsupport under the existing rubber, but if not specifically cut for burgman , the holes shown may not match up to the support under the rubber mat you have already, they look great , without scdratches from having feet on them or dulling from road salts , being slippery would be an issue to remember, so when yhou get them you might want to save your rubber to put back on later if you change your mind

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I would stick with stock Floor Board covers they work fine in all conditions and are easy to maintain. I would think the metal would become slippery when wet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You all raise some valid points. Yes, I had considered the "grip" factor. If you look at the additional pics on the link, you'll notice the pattern is raised. This should enhance traction, but still not as much as rubber. They are made specifically for the Burgman 400/Skywave400/AN400, although you do have to drill holes in the plastic underneath. I just like the way they look. They add some contrast to the color scheme and help distinguish the bike from the rest of the pack. However, common sense will more than likely prevail and I'll end up sticking with the OEM mats. I was just putting some feelers out there to see if anyone had experience with these.

There are a ton (727 to be exact) of other accessories for our bike at the link below, for those who are interested.

Sube

http://japan.webike.net/SUZUKI/SKYWAVE4 ... el&p.m=624

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like he had them custom made from sheet metal. My wife just did that for her Kymco. It's nearly impossible finding accessories for it. I love the look, but I've decided against them for my Burgy. Too much of a hassle to remove. You need to remove them to pop the side body panels. Popping the rubber ones up is a cinch.

Sube

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I agree with you 100%...BUT did you happen to go to that Japanese website and check ou their prices.??????? OMG!!!!!!!!!! and WOW! too! I would need to re-mortgage the homestead......... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I had a set very close to the linked one on my 650 Exec, didn't install 'em -- was the second owner of the bike. Highly not recommended: slippery in wet or muddy conditions, friction from dirt or sand on footwear against aluminum gives creepy feeling and leaves marks easily, did somebody mention more difficult to remove or mount.

The best boards were on '03-06 model year, the newer ones are similar to what other maxi have -- still don't know why Suzi adopted 'em, must be cheaper :roll:

Interesting link, sube -- I liked their Yoshi system better than the standard fish-killer one offered locally for half the price. I wonder only where they fetch it from, it doesn't feature on the manufacturer official site. :thumbup: :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts