Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what type and size of puller is required to remove the rotor in Burgman 250 ( an250) year 2006? My alternator's stator is stuffed and to remove it from the engine first I have to remove the rotor - don't know what size of puller I should use or where to buy?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I've never seen an AN250. We didn't get that model in the USA. I've been told the engine in it is set up like the one in the 03-06 400. If that is true than you don't need to remove the rotor to remove the stator.

On the 400 the stator is bolted to the generator cover and comes off with the cover. The rotor is bolted to the crankshaft and remains on the engine when the cover is removed. You don't need any puller except a small bearing puller if you need to replace the shaft bearing in the cover.

Now on the 650 the rotor does need to be removed to get to the stator. You don't use a puller though. You use an M20 X 1.5 bolt that you screw into the rotor so that it pushes against the end of the crankshaft and forces the rotor off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts