Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Come to think of it - any of you think there will ever be a hybrid scooter? While I love the storage, there's a lot of room in there for a battery and electric motor to assist the power train..

Highway speeds and 100 mpg sounds like a good investment..

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I want a fuel Cell bike. Either of these will do...

·
Registered
146 Posts
That thing is cute in the truest sense of the word- ugly but interesting.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
KartingBuzz said:
I would love to see a diesel Burgman, so i can make
bio-diesel at home and only pay .70-$1 to make my own fuel.
Several years ago, Mother Earth News magazine had an article,
with complete plans available, for making a solar-powered alcohol fuel still,
and information on converting gasoline vehicles to 100% ethanol.

That may be something to revisit, the way things are going these days.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't care if those scoots are $10,000 and pink - if they use no gas that we have to buy from the middle east, I'm in line.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I was just watching "Mail Call" & he had a Marine Corps motorcycle
that is a special version of the Kawasaki 650 dirt bike that can
run on just about any fuel & they claimed it gets over 100 MPG.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
and a readable link about the bike is here :) :)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Hmmm, very interesting.

Utilizing an engine of very similar design to that of the AN400, able to burn a wide range of fuels, some of which are readily produceable (ie bio-diesel) & able to maintain pollution control standards of the military while providing more than acceptable performance & incredible mileage.

Does anyone else see the potential for a retrofit kit in the near future? Maybe adapted to the 650, too?

I see many benefits here, & the potential for great profit if a change over kit could be produced for reasonable money. The one question that sticks in my mind, though, is what in the world did they do to get such amazing efficiency to get that level of performance & still get triple digit mileage?

That would absolutely be a trick worth knowing!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
It would be one way of getting rid of the 'dieselling like noise' of the Lardy! :lol:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
NormanB said:
It would be one way of getting rid of the 'dieselling like noise' of the Lardy! :lol:
And you'd have an excuse for following all those Fish and Chips street vendors.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I suggest we find a way of replacing the windshield and most of the tupperware with solar panels molded in the same shape as the parts they replace. Any of you handyman types want to start on that. You don't have to wait for me.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Dayum! That is way cool! Anyone willing ta give me a loan!? :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have been riding an electric bicycle for a little over 7 years. (Charger)
(Minus the time I have had to wait getting parts.) If you think
it is a problem getting parts & work done on a motorcycle you REALLY
don't want an electric vehicle. (Over one year to get a replacement
strain guage.)
What you will save on gasoline will probably be spent on batteries.
I do enjoy it & get a good workout since it only provides part
of the work & you have to pedal as well but I would be hard put to
recomend this paticular bike to anyone.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wyldman said:
Hmmm, very interesting.

Utilizing an engine of very similar design to that of the AN400, able to burn a wide range of fuels, some of which are readily produceable (ie bio-diesel) & able to maintain pollution control standards of the military while providing more than acceptable performance & incredible mileage.
Military Diesels...especially Macks are designed to run on Gas, Diesel, kerosene, Heating Oil...you can just about name it...the Technology is very old being used in WW II.

However when the trucks are sold off the Military Blocks off the mechanism in the Injector Pump that allows use of anything other than Diesel...We Had One...they are something else...

However if Meeting Pollution Standards gets in the way of the Military having a vehicle that does what they want it too the Pollution Standards go out the Window...one of the reasons the Multi-Fuel Injector Pump is Disabled when a vehicle is sold...so it will meet the rules in effect when it was manufactured...Burning Heating Oil or Kerosene or Gas Screws up the Exhaust Gasses to Unacceptable Levels...at least in Private Sector use..

And if you want a Diesel Motorcycle I call your attention to India...Royal Enfield (now produced only in India) has a Diesel model that is supposed to get close to 450 miles out of a tank of fuel and is VERY Popular with businesses.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
GeGe Lan said:
snip...And if you want a Diesel Motorcycle I call your attention to India...Royal Enfield (now produced only in India) has a Diesel model that is supposed to get close to 450 miles out of a tank of fuel and is VERY Popular with businesses.
Sadly out of production but apparently may still be available:
read this

1 - 20 of 22 Posts