Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased from a local Suzuki dealer for $60.00 around October. Markings indicate waterproof and breathable Drystar membarane. Thinsulate insulation, with synthetic palm with silicone printed details for grip.

My findings:

Fit and finish are very good and with two adjustments on the gloves. There is a velcro gather around the wrist and another draw string around the hem of the gauntlet. I purchased large for my smallish hands and they are snug, but comfortable. The inner lining feels like suede, and is inviting to my dry hands.

During the cool months I tend to avoid rain, so I haven't tested that aspect yet, however I have ridden in cool temperatures and think a scale might get the point across.

My ride: 20 minutes at 40 to 50 MPH, on a stock Burgman (Lightning) 2011 400, except I have added rubber wrap to the ridiculously small Suzuki grips. (Remember my smallish hands?) During my ride I have sufficient gear to keep the rest of my body warm without the need for electric heating. Prior to the gloves I found my hands were the limiting factor in my comfort on this motorcycle.

50F and above the gloves are a little warm to the point of perspiration becoming an issue at around 65F.
40 - 50 F excellent comfort and warmth. The silicone grips seems to work best and I can work the controls well.
34 - 39 F no discomfort I could probably ride 40 more minutes without an issue.
28 - 33 F I feel a little cool after the ride and my fingers are not suffering but they are cool.
24 - 27 F I have felt some discomfort at this temp after the 20 minute ride. Nothing like the frost bite from building a igloo, but some warm up is needed after the ride. I would not want to go another 20 minutes.

I feel they are a good purchase for the money, and my hands don't cramp whilst wearing them like some thicker gloves. I would recommend them as the best I have used thus far. Better than my River Road thinsulate gauntlets which are much thinner and not really for sever weather.

Cheers,
tim

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have to agree about the River Road gloves too. They are nice fall gloves but not a real winter glove.
AlpineStars seem to run a tad small but are my favorite glove brand so far. I also have their shorty perf'ed leather gloves for warm weather riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts