Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha y’all !!! Just purchased this burgman on Craigslist for $50 will be tearing down and rebuilding as of now hasn’t run since 2013 when it stopped because of “elec issues” already found a heavily burnt ground wire disconnected. Got it to crank but wanted to change fuel first. Fuel pump assembly covered in rust so gotta change that. Also dash shooting F1 light and F1code will ground to see what code is soon after I get a handle on fuel tank situation
Appreciate any help you can offer getting this beauty cranked up again after 7 years

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
wow at 50 , you got a real deal, you could part it out and make a killing and have the frame for beautiful lawn ornament! but running is even better!!
i been thinkin bout moving, mainland gettin too liberal, but i hear there is no native hawaiian word for grits (horror) is it true?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aloha y’all !!! Just purchased this burgman on Craigslist for $50 will be tearing down and rebuilding as of now hasn’t run since 2013 when it stopped because of “elec issues” already found a heavily burnt ground wire disconnected. Got it to crank but wanted to change fuel first. Fuel pump assembly covered in rust so gotta change that. Also dash shooting F1 light and F1code will ground to see what code is soon after I get a handle on fuel tank situation
Appreciate any help you can offer getting this beauty cranked up again after 7 years
View attachment 90452 View attachment 90453
Welcome, first off what's flying in the sky over the bike in the top pic? 2 was this a bicycle or running race camera machine? Looks like a camera mount on it.
Search this sight for Ledude's Burgman 650 sight. There is about anything you need to know there. I am still learning to post links also I am a bit lazy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow at 50 , you got a real deal, you could part it out and make a killing and have the frame for beautiful lawn ornament! but running is even better!!
i been thinkin bout moving, mainland gettin too liberal, but i hear there is no native hawaiian word for grits (horror) is it true?
No grits lol

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Fried Grits with Fried SPAM is good stuff. Just call it fried chopped Phat corn.

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok people i had a lightbulb
I’m going to make a naked/chopped Burgman 650
As of know I know I’m removing
-all panels aft of handle bars
-storage compartment
-full size seat
-half the subframe
-exhaust baffles
I need help with
You guys got any ideas or links for
-aftermarket rear shocks
-dual exhaust
-foot rest/pegs since I’m loosing those panels
-anyone ever try different handlebars?
Thanks I’m excited and can’t wait to dive more into it,next step is complete tear down pressure wash frame paint touch up and re assy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts