Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Close call on the Burgman 400 this morning, a speeder running a redlight fortunately I saw him coming early and moved over to the far left of the lane so he could get by, but had this been an hour later the intersection would have been crowded and he could have killed someone just because he was doing 15+ over the limit and driving recklessly. When will people learn their our consequences of their actions that you have to live the rest of your life with.

Thinking back I almost took that left turning lane but he was veering right and I only had a split second to pick a position in the lane to avoid him - guess I picked right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkdCbknIiCU

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yup, you were lucky. I hope you went directly from there and bought a lottery ticket (hoping to carry some of that luck to the ticket).

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dang! I'm not sure my undies would have passed the white hanky test after that one!!!!!! Sheesh!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sounds like there wasn't a car in front of you. Something I always do in city traffic - when I stop behind a car I always line the bike up with the driver's side mirror - if I get hit from behind I won't become the meat in a car sandwich. I'll get punted which isn't a pleasant thought - but I won't get sandwiched.

Years ago I saw the aftermath of just that - a guy on a Gold Wing was sitting in traffic and the guy behind him didn't see the stopped line of cars. Had that GW rider done what I always do he might have lived. I saw the GW being put on a flatbed - it didn't look very good. Fortunately I didn't see the body.

Just something to think about next time you're sitting at a light with a car in front of you.

Be safe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts