Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
And here I thought that Burgman was a bad name!

Morphous! Morphous! Morphousdite! Bwahaha! ROTFLMAO!

Cute scooter, though. Looks like a scooter low-rider.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I'm sure Yamaha built it to compete with the Helix in Japan. The Helix is VERY popular there. Instead of importing this beast, Yamaha aught to offer the Tmax here in the USA.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Engine too small, why are they going down in size it need a 1000cc.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Interesting. It weighs 50+ pounds more than the Helix, has larger tires (radials too) and is`cheaper. Considering the following the Helix has, Yamaha might have a winner

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pappy said:
Here is a link to a new Yamaha version of a Helix (in MY opinion):

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... 0/360.aspx

Mike
Never thought I'd say this about a ''Yamaha'' scoot, but...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :)

(could use a bit more of a windshield for my tastes, though)

4DThinker said:
It's gonna need a taller windshield.
See...? Folks from opposing Kansas ''College Towns'' DO tend to think alike afterall! :D

(''Tropical Storm Adrian'')

:spam1:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bama Brian said:
And here I thought that Burgman was a bad name!

Morphous! Morphous! Morphousdite! Bwahaha! ROTFLMAO!
I think maybe it was some ''MATRIX'' movie geek who was trying to spell ''Morpheus'' :laughing8: :laughing5:

''Tropical Storm Adrian''

:spam1:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Here's some stuff from the U.S. press intro for the Morphous

2006 Morphous Features & Benefits:

All-new for 2006:
21st century style and Engineering combine to produce the most radically styled yet highly functional scooter ever.

249cc DOHC four-stroke Engine produces a broad powerband.

There's room for a passenger to ride in comfort and plenty of cargo room under the flip-up seat and in the Morphous' big trunk.

Long, low design looks completely unique and results in excellent handling.

Features & Benefits
All New For 2006:
Engine:

* 249cc double-overhead-cam single produces a broad powerband from a compact, fuel-efficient package.
* There's pushbutton electric starting, of course.
* Electronic fuel injection ensures excellent performance under a wide range of conditions.
* V-belt fully automatic transmission makes the Morphous a complete twist-the-throttle-and-go proposition.

Chassis/Suspension:

* Telescopic front fork soaks up the rough stuff, provides a smooth ride and great handling.
* Coil-over shock controls the rear unit swingarm/Engine, for great bump absorption and a smooth ride.
* Hydraulic disc brakes front and rear provide excellent stopping power.
* Unique custom-looking wheels are light and strong.
* Fat, 13-inch radial tires provide outstanding traction and highway-speed handling.

Additional Features:

* Ergonomically sculpted saddle is comfortable for long rides even with a passenger; a wrap-around grab handle makes it easy to secure people and things.
* Two locking underseat storage compartments with remote opener can each hold a helmet and various smaller items.
* Front glove box swallows two rainsuits with ease.
* Aerodynamic design and windshield cut cleanly through the air and provide excellent wind protection.
* Futuristic digital instrument panel contains speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and other functions.
* Completely integrated multireflector headlight provides excellent nighttime illumination.
* Bright, full-width LED taillight and dual turn signals make the Morphous highly visible from behind.
* Large, easy-to-see integrated turn signals add to the extremely swoopy look.

The more I look at this thing the more I like it. It's long, low and just way too over the top! I think it needs about 500cc's, but even as it is, it's really cool in my books.

·
Registered
111 Posts
this is awfully close to the helix. it may be a good bike but they have to get the engine size over the 250 barrier. these bikes just won't cut it on the highways. they need at least 400 cc's to make that grade. to go 70 all day the 250's will just burn themselves up. my helix would run all day at 70 but at full throttle everyone knows what will happen down the road in a few years. i drove the stuffings out of that helix in town but sold it when i had to start driving 70 on the highways.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yamaha 2500

It looks like somone at Yamaha got out the ugly stick again.

·
Registered
428 Posts
billmeek said:
Instead of importing this beast, Yamaha aught to offer the Tmax here in the USA.
I just returned from the French Riviera where the number of TMax's was more than I have yet seen anywhere, including Italy. Nice new colors as well. Maybe they'll yet see fit to ship some here.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Bleeder said:
billmeek said:
Instead of importing this beast, Yamaha aught to offer the Tmax here in the USA.
I just returned from the French Riviera where the number of TMax's was more than I have yet seen anywhere, including Italy. Nice new colors as well. Maybe they'll yet see fit to ship some here.

Cheers.
The TMAX also happens to be the most stolen scoot in France! :cry:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hiya Norm,

That actually surprises me, as I would think that a more ubiquitous model would win that distinction.

Glad to hear you had a good holiday and safe travel.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts