Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, wanna be anyway. What do you guys think about this jack for the 2006. Burgman 400.

Drag Specialties Center Jack - 4110-0048. $149

Sorry I don't know how to post a link. Anybody use this type of MC jack for the Burgman?

Thanks -Sirkitrider

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Looks like the Fat Jack is just a little larger than the Drag Specialties jack so it'd fit in the dolly just fine. But BE CAREFUL when you wheel it around, It's too easy to drop it off the jack when you have no safety tie-downs.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After further research however I think I just need a simple wooden table/platform and a way to get the scoot up on it. Perhaps a just a simple ramp. I don't need the scoot to be 4ft in the air just high enough that I could sit on a stool to do oil changes, tire changes, brake work, etc. Just to make it a little easier on the back. Getting to old to roll around on the floor:(

The other issue I have is space, or lack thereof. So I need something simple, easy to move around and easy to stow away when not in use. And I need my lawn mower to fit on it as well.

Lots of pics of these type DIY solutions on the interweb. I was just wondering if anyone here was using something like these DIY'er things. I could buy a lift table but I just really don't have room for it in my 10x16 shed that houses the "one cylinder wonder" known as Hammering Hank.

Thanks - Sirkitrider

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe something like this? I could suspend it from the rafters when not in use? Or use as a work bench ............ or put on the back porch as a "rustic" bench", my wife would LUV that!
-Sirkitrider

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do like that one also. But space is a concern for me. How do you get the coupon? Guess I could re-work my current workbench were this might slide in under a section of it.........
Sirkitrider

·
Registered
585 Posts
This is the one I have
http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-Capacity-ATVMotorcycle-Lift-69995.html
The only drawback is "Made in China". It has worked for ten years so far. I couldn't find where the Drag Specialties jack is made (probably China :-( )
I have that same jack in red - and its made in China. I bought it from Costco maybe 20 years ago or more. It still works great - including the bottle jack that came with it. I've used it to jack up Harleys - my Karmann Ghia - and every other 2 and 4 wheeled vehicle I've owned over those 20+ years. Pretty tough design and construction. I think I paid $70 for it. It came in handy for a couple of quad runners too. Seems perfect for quads - not so good for Harleys as it tends to twist sideways a bit but there are no cracks so I think its safe. I haven't tried it on the Burgman or Majesty yet.

It even picks up the front of the Ghia no problem. I don't think it'll pick up the front of the Jetta.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I do like that one also. But space is a concern for me. How do you get the coupon? Guess I could re-work my current workbench were this might slide in under a section of it.........
Sirkitrider
I got one out of the flier they send me. I can drop by our local store and pick up a flier as well and strip the coupon out of it.

Kim

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bear in mind they're pretty light duty in construction, and it takes a bazillion pumps on the foot pedal to get it to the full upright position. I seriously considered one of these but realized for a few hundred extra I could have an air driven one. This is the one I
have...http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Cycle-Lift

The downside is you'd need a pretty hefty compressor to run it. (which I already had)

So, the Harbor Freight model will probably work just fine for you.

Good luck with whatever you get....

·
Registered
661 Posts
My brother has thar Harbor Freight lift and uses it with a compressor. Great lift and with a coupon, it can come around $300. Saw it for that price last week.
Jim

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm considering one of these. Yea? Nay?

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...8892-8495.html

I also have one of the Harbor Freight lifters and find it to be a great lifter. I do not consider it to be that light in construction. I am also thinking of converting it to being raised by compressed air.

I agree that the price from Harbor Freight is all over the place. In the last few months I have seen them priced all the way from $349 down to $279. Coupons can also come into play. If you are patient you can get one pretty reasonable.

George

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 28 Posts