Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from my yearly ride with wy buddy. 4000 kms through the lesser hwys in Alberta , Sask. & a buzz over Logan pass in Montana.
Burg does 130 kph without trouble out on those praire roads. This is the frist long trip with all the new touring stuff from Givi. So here's my thoughts:

Givi Windscreen: Don't ride without one! I would have ate half the bugs that were plastered on the front of the bike. With the Givi not one bug touched me. :) I was wearing only my favorite short helmet with a leather skirt. No buffeting problems !

Givi E-21 Side cases: My own mounts of coarse... and a great place for all my clothes... easy off and into the Motel . I left a key in the left side bag for quick fill-ups .

Givi E-52 top case: just way to good.... what else can I say ?

Butt rest Extention: Great to lean back on ...very comfy.

The Suzuki Stock Seat: SUCKS.... sore butt every time I rode for more than an hour.... gotta go to Corbin next year for shure.. Even the lamb skin I had to sit on did'nt help. It may look like a couch...but its more like a stadium wood seat. :cry:

All in all I love my Burgy... wouldn't ever consider another bike... does it all ,,,and does it well...

Rob V.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Blueburgerbob wrote: I was wearing only my favorite short helmet with a leather skirt.

:shock: I've heard leather was great for riding, but I thought most people wore leather pants or a jacket. :lol: But to each his/her own! :D As long as you're on two or three wheels, you're OK with me. :D

Bryna
P.S. Just kidding. Glad you had a great and safe time.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
seatec wrote
I would get a Corbin too, bur I think they are more suited to taller people, I may have trouble with seat heighth
I can just (almost) flat foot my 400 and I am sure the Corbin seat will make that imposable. But I think being comfortable on a long trip is more important so I am willing to live with having to be tip toe at a stop.
Maybe I just won't stop as much. :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
seatec said:
I would get a Corbin too, bur I think they are more suited to taller people, I may have trouble with seat heighth :(
I would suggest contacting Corbin directly as they can often customize the seat for specific user requirements. See section 5 in the Corbin FAQ page at : http://www.corbin.com/faq.shtml

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats the plan Bill.... go to Corbin and get a custom made seat... cuz the offering that Green Goose has for testing sounds to tall for someone thats' 5-10.
Talked to a guy on a 83 goldwing from Califorina.... He got a custom one for his bike a few years ago. He said it totaly changed the distance he could travel in one day.

I have not had much time for this forum...cuz I've been building an addition on the house & working full time.... Only got to take 5 days off for a ride.

BTW Glacier Nat Park is a beautiful place to ride. Logan Pass is very popular with bikes....hundereds of them.. My GPS said 6650 ft elv when we crossed the sumit.... way cool. What a veiw !!!
And those cazy folks in Montana have no helmet law.... So yes your right none of the Harley guys & gals had a helmet... most of the others did.

REBELS WITHOUT A CLUE !

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds like a real cool ride in all respects, Rob. Now with batteries recharged, you can finish off the house extension.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Randal

That's a big 10-4... BTW I have zero problems with my bags... in fact they were excellent.
Had the service on the Burger done today.... checked out perfect.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Rob
Can't get Gail round to the idea of the "saddle bags". Guess I am just going to go ahead and make the frames, got your .pdf sometime back. Then if she says "maybe", I can have the frames on in a second, and get the bags on order.

Or do you think I should have the bags before I do the frames?

Our baby has stood since we got back from our wonderful trip to Canada, so much to do on our allotment, but the vegetables (and flowers) are coming along just dandy.

Cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would sugest having the bags before... so that you can fit them to the frame before you tighten any of the bolts. Would'nt want any surpizes with the fit. Does the UK Burgman have the reflectors on the side?....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts