Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe someone mentioned these a while back. I see they offer a model that will fit our Burgies. Has anyone tried them? And if so, what do you think and how the heck do you attach it? :?

Thanks in advance,
Bryna

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bryna, don't know about "Alaska" sheepskin, but I bought three Merino sheep pads awhile back...2 black and one gray...for me and my buddies. I had them cut 15 inches square and used double sided tape to fix it on. Its teriffic in that it keeps the seat from heating up when it sits out in the sun, and adds a little comfort as well. Turned out my new buddies already had pads at home and hadn't put them on for the summer. I've sold the gray, and have one black one left. $30 includes shipping if you're interested. It has dense 3/4 inch nap. I'm told that if you get the regular long haired sheepskin it packs down. So far after about a months use mine doesn't seem to pack. FWIW, I also got one long enough to fit the recliner of my elderly shut-in mother. She loves it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Mine are on order

I ordered a set and expect them to arrive shortly. I'll post a review after I've used them for a while.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ted: Thanks! I may take you up on that offer. I'll mention it to Lynn. So the double-sided tape keeps it in place well enough?

Dan: I'm looking forward to your review.

Bryna

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The tape holds it really well. I got the tape at Radio Shack and it only takes about an inch square in each of the four corners. Sometimes when I find I've sorta slid forward, I'll slide back and it still held without any movement.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I installed an Alaskan Sheepskin seat cover on my 650 and then went on my longest trip so far...850 miles. It performs well and is quite comfy. I am glad I bought it. It easily attaches with a strap that goes under the seat with one of those clip type closures. Easy on and off. If I end up in the wet with the scooter, it will take just a few seconds to remove and stow in the seat storage. I have a dark gray bike and ordered the "Silver".

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I've got one on my B400 from Alaska Leather. It is the Large size as recommended, and feels great. I haven't had it on an extended ride yet, though.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Use the coupon "deadsheep" for a 10% discount on the order form :wink:

Bill

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
malahy1501 said:
Use the coupon "deadsheep" for a 10% discount on the order form :wink:

Bill
thanks Bill - just ordered mine with a 10% discount :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
I bought 2 covers: XL for a rider and an extra-long (custom) for a pillion. They overlap covering the part of the seat that doesn't have any foam. This reduces vibration and makes lower back significantly more comfortable comparing to the butt-bumper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts