Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Burgman at the end of May 2003 from Tucson Motorsports at 22nd street. They don't use the word "sweeet" to describe the Burgman and that's a good thing.
This bike is the best thing that's come my way since my 1983 450cc Suzukimatic, but better.

First > discovering the error myself (loose bolt/oil puddle on garage floor), second > being told by the servicing dealer that they wouldn't check it out again, third > being told by American Suzuki "what do you want me to do about it, I don't have a crystal ball", fourth > receiving refund of labor from servicing dealer after they said they understood problem, fifth > walking through servicing dealers other store in another town (Performance Cycle) while buying things and being told "leave and don't come back, because of your incident at our other store" then me trying to ask them while being shown the door "what incident?" .

I now own a service manual (from check I received) and I've learned to check out dealerships before the bike disappears behind closed doors. Gut-instinct seems to work best.

And as for my 3 weeks of toll-calls and questions to American Suzuki and Sierra Cycles and music on hold, trying to determine that a loose tranny overflow plug would not de-pressurize the flow of oil so as not to get to the right places:
No one knows.

The bike seems to work fine now and the check-ride that my local dealership did after I tightened the plug myself yielded a receipt that should qualify for free labor/parts on tranny problems beyond the one year warranty, if need be.

Bill, at Arizona Motorsports 22nd street actually found the loose bolt for me because it looked like a cover fastener to me, at first.
They're lucky to have a pragmatist like Bill there.

" It makes you strive strive strive for greater things."
- Tony Halliday

·
Registered
67 Posts
AJ,
Looks like you are the 5th Burgman owner from AZ on this group. Check out this link at the bottom of my message. The AZ motor sports group is not very well liked by many riders. I personally disdain having anyone other than myself work on my cars or cycle. They never do a good enough job for me. Anyhow, I have about 300 miles on my 650. I downloaded a fuzzy copy of the manual from the net and will do the first and hopefully every service myself.

http://www.arizonamotorsports.com/

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gains and Losses in The Big City

I just got done reading some of his webpages and oh-mann, this is the classic reason for learning to do it right, at home.
I saved some of his webpages to my own computer, just in case TMS pays for a law to shut him down. The site names alone must have really steamed 'em at TMS. A few years ago, a fellow in California ran a site, critical of Fry's Electronics. He wrote very honest stories about the real horrors of getting into and out of a Fry's and he was shut down.

I started out on my Burgy sales sojourn at the TMS Oldfather store but ended up, after 4 hours of credit checks and squid-kid sales guys continuously asking "are you ready to sign", I walked out.
They followed me to my W650 and told me what a dick I am for making them work so hard.
I quickly got it started and split, only to realize about two miles away that one of the kid salesboys still had my drivers license in his pocket, from the credit check. After slinking back through the front door, hoping to find a mature adult first, the sales kid saunters up to me, pulls the license out of his pocket and said "missing something?".
I snatched it and ran.

Then after a month or so, I decided to atleast sit on a Burgy 400 at 22nd Street after calling them for a stock check, and they said that they had both kinds. Sierra Cycles wasn't even sure if they'd stock Burgys or not.
It was interesting, walking through the 22nd street TMS store that day to find two semi-serious buyers left sitting on bikes to think it over. We started to talk and had a good time looking at the bikes from a riders perspective.
Later, one of the sales guys tried to tell me that the Burgy's Up/Down buttons are to
raise and lower the windshield (get me outta here).
But - get this - the salesman asked how much I wanted for my W650 and I said $4,000. He quickly agreed so I rushed the paperwork through for an AN650K3, knowing that $4,000 is nearly $800 over high blue book > Sold!

Today, I went in to get a passenger of mine a helmet at 22nd street and noticed their big front doors were plywooded.
I asked the sales guy at the door "how many bikes did the thieves get" and he replied - 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts