Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Burgman, a 2009 650 Exec., that I bought unseen except few photos. Replaces a 2017 Fireblade.
Initial reactions, other than 'it's huge', are positive but will need some suspension upgrade, so busy, busy reading forum.
I also plan to fit a Booster Plug for which I need to access the AIT. Is the green protrusion/connector I see to left of radiator (see pic) the very same please? And I know there is a split opinion on BPs on forum, but have fitted on every appropriate bike in last ten years....
Meanwhile off to find a service manual....
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Nut
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Gas

Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't help cux I dunno what yer askin, but ,, welcome anyway
I was hoping to confirm that the green connector, connected to something into what I think is the lower airbox, was the AIT (Air Temperature Sensor) connection -- because the Booster Plug I was going to obtain connects between the AIT and it's connecter.
There are threads elsewhere on the forum as to the benefits or otherwise of Booster Plugs. I'm obviously a fan.
Does that make more sense? Hopefully......
mike

·
Premium Member
17,869 Posts
ok, I get it , he gonna make a crotch rocket outta a sixfiddy I hope the belt stands the strain of liftoff

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was hoping to confirm that the green connector, connected to something into what I think is the lower airbox, was the AIT (Air Temperature Sensor) connection -- because the Booster Plug I was going to obtain connects between the AIT and it's connecter.
There are threads elsewhere on the forum as to the benefits or otherwise of Booster Plugs. I'm obviously a fan.
Does that make more sense? Hopefully......
mike
Now I’m guessing…… you mean…IntakeAirTemperature sensor - IAT, or do you still mean AIT?

·
Registered
637 Posts
ok, I get it , he gonna make a crotch rocket outta a sixfiddy I hope the belt stands the strain of liftoff
Acronyms have their place where conversations repeatedly use the words over and over, but for one off, conversations,I think they stink. More trouble than simply typing the words in the first place..but that’s just my opinion, and doesn’t represent the opinions of this station.

Oh, and welcome, mbooth1.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, probaby need to start with an apology for a poor first post. Mind you, does mean will be hard not to get better.
IAT or Intake Air Temperature sensor is indeed what I meant, and should have said. Daft error, sorry.
BP is Booster Plug, but in that case I did longhand it first.

So is the green thing the IAT. I've spent some time since googling and looking at service manual obtained earlier so pretty sure it is now.

Interesting forum though......as a Brit, I find I need to recalibrate sometimes for our different uses of language either side of the Atlantic, but finding it an invaluable source of evening reading on the Exec.

Mike

·
Registered
678 Posts
I also plan to fit a Booster Plug for which I need to access the AIT.
Welcome mbooth from fellow UK member.:)

How many miles you done on your 650?
I only ask because it's a world of difference to your (ex-) Fireblade, and may take some acclimatization.
My mate has done 43000 miles now on his B650, and never felt the need to mod it. (I ride a 400cc).
"Real" motorcyclists will be amazed by it's performance, believe me.:)

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
Mike, Welcome to the crazy but very useful forums. Yes, we do have a eclitic group of members and some have different styles of humor. I have a hard enough time with the ba$terdized American English, understanding the Queen's Own takes a bit. Our newest Moderator is trying to teach us.

We have had a few members ask about the 'Booster Plug' type thing but no 'Hands On' reports.

Yes I do think that green plug is the Intake Air Temputure sensor. But do not know the polarity of the wires.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Interesting forum though......as a Brit, I find I need to recalibrate sometimes for our different uses of language either side of the Atlantic, but finding it an invaluable source of evening reading on the Exec.

Mike
In the states, we don’t really speak English anymore, we speak ‘Amarican’. 😜
I actually have a hard time understanding what’s said on some British shows as the ‘accent’ seems so heavy now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's our differences that define us all.....terrible world if we were all the same.
In answer to how many miles....so far less than 150 miles I'd guess. Probably not to many more before next Spring. Coming from 15+ years of Sportsbikes, nearly all Hondas inc. 3 Fireblades, latest a 2017, it is a VERY VERY different riding experience. First 100 miles were dire, it didn't so much lean as drop over in roundabouts as had really badly worn tyres, although technically still legal, very flatted. was very nigh unrideable. With new SC2 Bridgestones, fitted last week, it's on it's way to being sorted. New YSS rear shocks coming from Spain and a germ of an idea to maybe add hyperpro front springs (maybe), heavier oil and couple of washers over winter or come spring. Booster Plug planned to assist on/off throttle lumpyness. Other than that, will probably stay as it, oh (I forgot) + higher ermax screen ordered to get air buffeting off head.
I'd got to 72, nearly 73, & bending legs up for a Sportsbike was getting harder every year, and only so fast you can get away with on our roads, so had planned to stop riding but........after all, why not swansong on a scoot.
Learning lots off forum.
Mike

·
Registered
861 Posts
OK, I give up. What’s a Booster Plug?

·
Super Moderator
5,413 Posts
It intercepts your temp readings and sends spoofed temperature values to your bikes engine management - so that your bike runs a richer mixture, particularly during acceleration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to Burger-owning from a fellow Brit. I've had mine since 2004, having had a series of motorcycles of many different types previously. You may or may not have come across a guy called Paul Blezard (another Brit) but he would certainly be worth making contact with in your quest to maximise your Burger's potential. This, from his CV, gives the merest flavour of what he's about:- "I owned both Mk1 and K2 Burgman 400s before moving on to the 'Burger King' AN650 which I went on to race in the inaugural Moto Tour de France in 2003." He's very approachable and likes nothing more than to talk about maxi-scooters and their, frequently untapped, capabilities.

·
Administrator
22,125 Posts
Paul Blezard's Genesis Burgman
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Orange

1 - 20 of 31 Posts