Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I travel Monday through Thursday, and as one of our cars is on the fritz, I'm thinking of going to the airport via Burgman and leaving my car (the good one) at home for my finacee.

I'm wondering if anyone has commuted to the airport via scooter. I leave horribly early Monday mornings, and carry the standard issue rolling bag and laptop bag. I know the laptop bag will fit under the seat, and I think I could rig up a contraption to lash the wheel bag to the passenger seat.

How is airport parking for motorcycles (esp. LGA and JFK)? I know in Europe its common, but I would assume there is no dedicated motorcycle parking in the states. Also, how do you get around the "showing up at the client site looking like you rode a motorcycle in, THEN flew for 5 hours" problem? I don't want to look any crappier than I usually do after getting up at 3am and sitting on planes.

Thanks for any ideas!

Pat

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Pat,

One trick I used when traveling for business was to wear the most comfortable clothes (sweatpants and t-shirt) while flying. Once I arrived, I checked in to the hotel and cleaned up a bit and then put on the business clothes. If the schedule didn't allow for going to the hotel first, I've cleaned up at the airport and changed there. On one overseas trip, I've even did the cleanup / clothing change in the airplane bathroom (ugh!) since the client was meeting me at the airport.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts