Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
My Airhawk R arrived today--three days after I ordered it. I took a quick 20 mile ride, and fiddled with the air pressure. My first impression is it will help a lot, and is better than the Alaska Leather gel/foam/fleece pad I've been using.

My Airhawk R arrived today--three days after I ordered it. I took a quick 20 mile ride, and fiddled with the air pressure. My first impression is it will help a lot, and is better than the Alaska Leather gel/foam/fleece pad I've been using.
Try throwing your Alaska Sheep sheepskin on top of it. BIG improvement. Oh, I just saw, you don't have just the sheepskin? You have one of their pads? May not work over the Airhawk.

Hey congratulations. Remember on the air pressure, less is more...

Actually, Doug, the Airhawk bladder will go inside the fleece, although it's a pretty snug fit. I'll try both covers before I settle on one.
Didn't know that. My poor old sheepskin has lasted me through 3 motorcycles over the years. Best as I can figure it is over 15 years old. I try to send people to Alaska Leathers for their sheepskins. If you get the deluxe one they last forever.

I have an old pad that use under my sheepskin that I bought probably 10 years ago. It is finally giving up the ghost so I ordered an Airhawk R Cruiser to replace it. Got it today, rode some in town and I really think I am going to like this thing. Have it under my Alaska Leathers sheepskin.

How does the airhawk attach to the seat? Does it slip around very much and hold its place well?
It's got two straps. One in the front and the other in the back, going from one side to the other. We put the front one under the seat and the back one around the butt rest. Haven't had any problem with them wanting to slip around. They can just feel a little squirrelly if you have too much pressure in them. You just barely want to be off the seat.

Just got back from a 4 day motorcycle trip to a rally. Camped the entire time. Had a blast. Rode my new Airhawk R the entire time. I have a enlarged prostate (as most men over 55 do) and was comfortable. Best seat comfort I have had on a motorcycle in a long time and this is compared to various custom seats I have had (Corbin, Mustang, Sergeant) and using the Airhawk over the stock Suzuki seat which I can ride one hour max without the Airhawk. Color me as one satisfied customer.

Just got back from a 4 day motorcycle trip to a rally. Camped the entire time. Had a blast. Rode my new Airhawk R the entire time. I have a enlarged prostate (as most men over 55 do) and was comfortable. Best seat comfort I have had on a motorcycle in a long time and this is compared to various custom seats I have had (Corbin, Mustang, Sergeant) and using the Airhawk over the stock Suzuki seat which I can ride one hour max without the Airhawk. Color me as one satisfied customer.
+1. I've had a couple Corbin saddles back in the day, but neither was as good as the Airhawk. I just got back from 600 mile weekend, of which, 375 was twisties, this made for some long days on seat. And no soreness. Glad you like it DouginKY.

Airhawk Medium For Sale

I have an Airhawk Medium-Size Cruiser Cushion (14” x 14”) for sale. I bought it for my Honda Goldwing, which I no longer own. I used it only a few times and it is in like-new condition. It comes with the nylon non-slip cover, unused repair kit, and owner’s manual. These cushions sell for $170.98 on the Airhawk web site:

Please don’t confuse the Airhawk Medium Cruiser Cushion with the much cheaper Airhawk 2 Medium Seat Cushion. The later is their “economy version” and sells for only $89.95.

I will sell my Airhawk for $100 ($85 for the cushion and $15 for postage & insurance). US sales only! Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks.

Attachments

I have an Airhawk Medium-Size Cruiser Cushion (14” x 14”) for sale. I bought it for my Honda Goldwing, which I no longer own. I used it only a few times and it is in like-new condition. It comes with the nylon non-slip cover, unused repair kit, and owner’s manual. These cushions sell for $170.98 on the Airhawk web site:

Please don’t confuse the Airhawk Medium Cruiser Cushion with the much cheaper Airhawk 2 Medium Seat Cushion. The later is their “economy version” and sells for only $89.95.

I will sell my Airhawk for $100 ($85 for the cushion and $15 for postage & insurance). US sales only! Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks.
I am kind of glad you waited to post this until I had already bought my Airhawk R (not a Airhawk 2 by the way) because I would have bought it. With the Airhawk R there is a channel down the center to take pressure off of the perineal area. For us old guys, this is a nice feature. Now that I have my Airhawk R, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Doug from Kentucky

I have an Airhawk Medium-Size Cruiser Cushion (14” x 14”) for sale.

Know people who ride with Airhawk and other have Airhawk 2, life of Airhawk 2 bladder just as good as Airhawk, no one have leak at valve with either, no one have hole in either, no one have bladder separation in either, no one have to repair either, if you use every time you ride the cover will wear before either bladder, cover need repair or replacement about in 6-7 year.

If you not plan to purchase most recent Airhawk R model, save your $$ and purchase Airhawk 2 as it cost less than more expensive Airhawk and last as long as more expensive Airhawk.

Enjoy your Airhawk product !

Know people who ride with Airhawk and other have Airhawk 2, life of Airhawk 2 bladder just as good as Airhawk, no one have leak at valve with either, no one have hole in either, no one have bladder separation in either, no one have to repair either, if you use every time you ride the cover will wear before either bladder, cover need repair or replacement about in 6-7 year.

If you not plan to purchase most recent Airhawk R model, save your $$ and purchase Airhawk 2 as it cost less than more expensive Airhawk and last as long as more expensive Airhawk.

Enjoy your Airhawk product !
I kind of suspected that this was true Chérie but I needed that center channel that the Airhawk R has. Would I have been happy with the Airhawk 2 at the much lower price? Maybe but I do know that the Airhawk R did the job for me. I expect that if a person is younger or doesn't have a swollen prostate the Airhawk 2 will make your butt happy for half the price of a Airhawk R.

Doug from Kentucky

I kind of suspected that this was true Chérie but I needed that center channel that the Airhawk R has. Would I have been happy with the Airhawk 2 at the much lower price? Maybe but I do know that the Airhawk R did the job for me. I expect that if a person is younger or doesn't have a swollen prostate the Airhawk 2 will make your butt happy for half the price of a Airhawk R.

Doug from Kentucky
You purchase perfect product for your need, am sure you be very happy with it.

Let other BUSA member know how it work out over few month, am convinced can not go wrong with latest new R model.

Point I make if old style Airhawk all you need, Airhawk 2 do just as well at 1/2 cost.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.