Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
"Tokyo-based Honda said the airbags will reduce injuries in head-on collisions."

"The airbag opens in front of the riders and reduces the speed at which they get thrown off the motorcylcle, lessening injuries when they hit the road or another vehicle, it said."

Sorry, but I'm just a bit skeptical.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
How about a spring loaded seat belt slows you down as your thrown forward then snaps you back into the seat :lol:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I thought all the Harleys had air bags....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm personally gonna hook a bungie cord to the backrest and with some slack to my rear belt loop. Then If I'm thrown forward, hopefully I'll bungie back right before I collide with anything hard.

I have to wait for my wrecked 650 to be fixed before trying this though. May be sooner than I thought, though, as they don't have to replace the frame. The only part of the main frame damaged was a metal tab that the fairing support frame mounts to. It was bent over a little. They think they can bend it back, and will re-inforce it if the weld is cracked or any fatigue is apparent.

So, anyone else want to bungie? I can get a discount if I buy a LARGE supply of cord... you know, the kind people use to jump off bridges with. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
Saw this on TV yesterday. They showed a guy sitting on the wing with the airbag deployed. It filled the whole area between him and the windscreen and looked like it was pushing his arms away from the grips. I'm not sure I would want that.

·
Registered
350 Posts
If that airbag goes off, it means you have hit something solid. I don't think it's gonna make much difference if your hands come off the grips. IMHO I'd rather the air bag push me right off the back of the bike than allow me to go flying over the front, cutting my jugular vein on the windshield as I go over.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Buzz, you're just a real ray of sunshine tonight, bubba!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wud I say? Wud I say?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Just the little ones, they take too long to let you bleed out.

Ever heard of a Mexican neck tie? That's more my speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
re: harley airbags

yes, harley has airbags, they are located directly below the helmet, however, they are unpredictable, go off spontaneously, and emit obnoxious gases. :headbang:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts