Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a leak in my Air Hawk seat. Fixed it with the repair kit that came with the seat. Thinking that there might be more, I went to the Air Hawk site. They want $5 for 4 small patches! (All 4 together are about the size of a band aid.)

Can anyone suggest an alternative? Their patches are very thin -- not like the patch for an inner tube. I suspect that is to maintain the flexibility of the cushion. All ideas welcome!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Oh heck, I'd just pick up a bicycle tube repair kit and give that a try. Another alternative would be a very thin sheet of rubber (like innertube material) and just cut a piece and use silicone seal to make your own patch. Well cured it should stay nice and flexible and airtight.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Can anyone suggest an alternative? Their patches are very thin -- not like the patch for an inner tube.
Is that your answer? :wink

·
Registered
512 Posts
Oh heck, I'd just pick up a bicycle tube repair kit and give that a try. Another alternative would be a very thin sheet of rubber (like innertube material) and just cut a piece and use silicone seal to make your own patch. Well cured it should stay nice and flexible and airtight.
DON'T DO THIS, GLUE FROM BICYCLE REPAIR KIT WILL DAMAGE AIRHAWK COMPLETELY!!!

For AirHawk you will need only repair kit for air bed / inflatable mattress

You can find repair kit probably in Wallmart or any supermarket - inflatable pool section

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I needed to hear that. Using the regular tube repair was my alternative -- not now! And the air mattress repair is so obvious that it's painful! That's what I will use. Thanks again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Unsure how you got the leak,but best to check the seat for the culprit,also check the sleeve the air hawk fits in to,could be a thorn or other sharp object stuck in there.

A girl i used to see,fixed a puncture in her daughters cycle,as soon as it was fixed another puncture appeared,the inner tube was full of patches,so i was asked to have a look,l got a new inner tube,before i fitted it,i ran my fingers round the tyre and there was indeed a thorn stuck in the tyre,pulled it out,fitted inner tube and tyre back,all was well and i was in the good books:grin

Steve

·
May have gone but will be missed
2,682 Posts
Had a leak in my Air Hawk seat. Fixed it with the repair kit that came with the seat. Thinking that there might be more, I went to the Air Hawk site. They want $5 for 4 small patches! (All 4 together are about the size of a band aid.)

Can anyone suggest an alternative? Their patches are very thin -- not like the patch for an inner tube. I suspect that is to maintain the flexibility of the cushion. All ideas welcome!
Your Air Hawk seat cushion came with a patch kit? I bought one this year, but there was no patch kit with it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Repair Kit = Air Hawk Profit accelerator. Easily punctured and then pay to fix or pay more too replace.

Think about a Sheepskin instead!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought it about 3 years ago, and there was a small plastic bag with instructions, alcohol wipes, and patches -- in 2 sizes.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I bought mine a couple years ago...no patch kit. (Note: mine is the regular rubber Airhawk 2, not the original Airhawk made of neoprene.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
DON'T DO THIS, GLUE FROM BICYCLE REPAIR KIT WILL DAMAGE AIRHAWK COMPLETELY!!!

For AirHawk you will need only repair kit for air bed / inflatable mattress

You can find repair kit probably in Wallmart or any supermarket - inflatable pool section
Excellent! I have a no-name air cell cushion here in Thailand and it's a great seat, but fabric covered so any patch or glue won't hold. Air mattress patch. Now why didn't I think of that? Answer: Why didn't the caveman invent the wheel sooner? He just didn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts