Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I replaced the stock, 10 year old air filter with the correct k&n replacement. Wouldn't start well after that. It died while starting, tried again and cranked the gas and it ran fine. High rpms though. Adjusted the idel speed screw, and fixed the rpm problem. Still a bit high. Now, it won't start no matter what I do. I need definite help. Thanks for all who try.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Have you looked to see if you by chance pulled a wire or vacuum line loose loose while you were installing the new filter.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The IAP (Intake Air Pressure) sensor hangs off a tab at the front of the airbox cover, and has a hose at it's bottom that connects to the intake manifold:

Make sure it's electrical connector is securely fastened, and that the hose is properly connected at both ends...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked it again. Saw the hose you were talking about and it was disconnected. When I first got the rob of the book off, I didn't take that sensor off. I think I partially took that hose off. When I checked it again, I think it came all the way off. Now that I put it back on, it starts right up. You guys must know more than the dealer or any mechanic I've talked to about this bike. Thank you sooo much for all the repeated help. And for putting up with the 17 year old newbie!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts