Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daft question. I have got the air filter box out of my bike and the filter element removed and am looking at doing the oil modification. . How do I separate the top of the box from the bottom to get inside to clean it?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Have no idea what the oil mod is. However, I take a good cleaner, such as Simple Green, soak it, let it set a bit and flush it out with running hot water, blow it out best I can to dry it quickly and let it dry overnite. Reuse it. Works for me!
Jim

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The mod is pretty straight forward once the plastic is removed. You take the hose that goes between the air box and engine which is the breather tube, disconnect it from the air box, and cap off the air box port. Then get 3/8 hose and replace the breather tube from the engine with the longer hose. Route it up past the air box and put a car pcv valve on it. It will work perfectly and you won't loose any oil anymore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The mod is pretty straight forward once the plastic is removed. You take the hose that goes between the air box and engine which is the breather tube, disconnect it from the air box, and cap off the air box port. Then get 3/8 hose and replace the breather tube from the engine with the longer hose. Route it up past the air box and put a car pcv valve on it. It will work perfectly and you won't loose any oil anymore.
Is there a tutorial video of this somewhere ?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I put the hose up through the little slot in the cover that goes over everything. Looks nice and clean and I can keep and eye on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty sure the instructions i read said keep it horizontal below the air filter box. It does not foul the throttle mechanism here.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It's not going to foul anything. Just gives it the pressure it needs to breath when the piston moves. That's all

1 - 11 of 11 Posts