Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,265 Posts
They seemed to have cleaned them up for the U.S. market.
Still not quite Japanese level, but pretty good from all report.
The dings I seem 'em get are for not being as cool, but positive reviews seem to note them as pretty stolid, just kinda chug along over all kinds of terrain.
A bit heavy for offroad but doable, not spectacular on road but doable..strikes me as much of a do everything type of bike, I've been tempted by 'em for a while.

I was waiting for this bike but the reviews always put them last in Shoot Outs.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
The new twins are getting some great reveiws. As for the Himalayan, maybe watch some of Itchy Boots u tube stuff.
Thanks cooperman, watched some of Itchy Boots and will watch plenty more. She must have a later model with some of the bugs worked out.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
They seemed to have cleaned them up for the U.S. market.
Still not quite Japanese level, but pretty good from all report.
The dings I seem 'em get are for not being as cool, but positive reviews seem to note them as pretty stolid, just kinda chug along over all kinds of terrain.
A bit heavy for offroad but doable, not spectacular on road but doable..strikes me as much of a do everything type of bike, I've been tempted by 'em for a while.
In India if you want something bigger than a 150 cc you gotta find a RE Bullet.

The opening scene the Guy says about the Early R.E. “All Royal Enfield’s Misbehave”.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I could fall in love with Noraly. What an amazing young woman. If you're not familiar look up Itchy Boots on YouTube. Her videos are incredibly well done.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Royal Enfield is made in India. I have watched Itchy Boots like Cooperman said take the Himalayan all over South America on dirt roads before she was stopped by Coronavirus. I like the styling of the Int650 Baker Express. Very retro.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Is Itchy Boots German ? Her english and spanish are great. Trilingual or Quad-lingual, Blond and a Dual Sporter .....I’m in Luv ! Edit ...she’s from Holland ....I’m really in luv now !

Just like Dave_J to start a thread and then leave it for us to debate it 🤣

·
Administrator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have followed Itchy Boots for a while too.

Ref to the Triumph Bonny T100, with 900cc's it weighs about 500 pounds and has 55 HP. My Burgman has 600 pound and 54 HP so you'd think the Bonny would woopazz on the Burg but it does not, in the 0-70 MPH run. After 70 MPH it does keep till about 110 and then it will slowly walk away, till 115 MPH where my Burg will again slowly pull away...... :p

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
I have followed Itchy Boots for a while too.
Dave_J, do germans speak dutch ? Do people from Holland speak the same dutch ? I googled it but still don’t understand.

I watched a youtube vid and they said germany is a relatively new country formed by many smaller parts that had their own dialects. Dutch being one of them. When the Europeans migrated to America from Amsterdam the early settlers called them all dutch no mater what their dialect was.... does that make sense Dave ?

·
Administrator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Deutsche = German
Netherlands = Holland or Dutch

While both speak some English, The Nederlanders do speak some Deutsche, Some Germans speak Dutch.
I could go into Holland and talk to most young in English but most older folk could talk to me in German and broken English. Same in Denmark when i was there, the ones that did not understand my English could understand my German.
In Holland, you do not go to a Tea shop to get Tea 😉

While I may be a lower level Polyglot, I can not speak Danish, the glottal stops will drive me crazy. My tongue can not move that way. ;)

Its like the Danish word Hygge, it is pronounced (SORTA) HU-GGA. It means joy/happy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In that case I'm Hygge when I watch Noraly. Shes had two Enfield Himalyan's. The first one she bought in India, if you see her travels from the begining this was going to be the bike that she used all the time. Due to not being able to sort out the correct paperwork for it in Holland she did a deal and left her bike for display use and walked away with a new one.
Everything on hold at the moment, she still puts out a few u-tube bits, the latest being falls and dog attacks,lol.
She's one brave lady.

·
Administrator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Years ago
Not sure how you got the word 'Indian' in there; couldn't find it at the link. But Royal Enfield (of England) was once the best 2 wheel transportation on earth using an almost identical design. It didn't have the reputation for speed and agility of the Triumph or Norton, or the raw power of the Vincent, Harley or big Indians, but it was reliable and easy to work on.

And they did make Indians (as in American Indian motorcycles). I owned a couple of Indian Warriors from the final days of the American Indian company. Enfield inherited the rights to that parallel twin design and made them for a couple years. Quite similar to their own design that you are seeing today.

Like BSA, they apparently began by manufacturing weapons. A fine company and their new Indian (as in the country India) factory seems to be producing an adequate bike. Still low in power and high tech magic, but a classic look and maybe reliable. I've met some owners who are happy with them.
Jabber, that was my mistake due to my uncle having had many Royal Enfield 'Indian' bikes.

"From 1955 to 1959, Royal Enfields were painted red, and marketed in the US as Indian Motorcycles by the Brockhouse Corporation, who had control of the Indian Sales Corporation (and therefore Indian Motorcycles) and had stopped manufacturing all American Indians in the Springfield factory in 1953. "

I have ZERO desire to 'Adventure' bike so a Hymalayan is out. I will drive down a gravel road when needed but never off road.

·
Registered
95 Posts
In my search of maybe a replacement for my Burgman 650 later on I have a few bikes I am following. One that is of big intrest to me is a simple shifter bike in the 650 cc range. For the $5999 price I can get many bikes in the 250 to 400 cc range so this 650 may be on my short list. It is a 2020 Royal Indian Baker Express 650. I will not be doing this soon.

"Top Speed 6 speed" :unsure:

·
Registered
95 Posts
NP, man. I fear to be misunderstood... guess you could see me as that insecure kids when not in the comfort environment :D :D

I disagree. I love the burg but to me efficient would be "standard" bike (higher) mirrors without any motor, no grip/seat heaters, mobile windshield as an optional but Racetech-like valves on the forks and better rear shocks. The burgman have luxuries before being efficient and this is a sin, to my eyes. Even if i understand that the target wanted exactly that.

So, to me, the 2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT Ventura Blue is very efficient, but still ugly a.f. and this is unusual 'cause i tend to see beauty in effeciency :)
Ha! My 2011 650 Executive has the high and wide bar-mount mirrors, the RaceTech forks, and Ikon shocks and springs. All very worthwhile. Riding year-round in NJ, though, I find heated grips and jacket essential.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Ha! My 2011 650 Executive has the high and wide bar-mount mirrors, the RaceTech forks, and Ikon shocks and springs. All very worthwhile. Riding year-round in NJ, though, I find heated grips and jacket essential.
Ordered the mirror mounts today. I have to wait till my kidney sells for the shock mods.😂

·
Administrator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Take a look at a Suzuki SV650.
That and the Ducati Scrambler Daris PM'd me about are too Hooligan for me. ;)

I need a small light bike that can do the British Ton when wanted, gets 55-65 MPG, Wet slipper clutch, and does not smack every cop upside the head and shout "LOOK AT ME!" .

·
Administrator
18,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have an aquantce that has a Piaggio MP3. He gets between 3,000 to 4,000 miles on a rear tire and it requires a new CVT belt at 7,000 miles. It was his daily ride.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts