Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search of maybe a replacement for my Burgman 650 later on I have a few bikes I am following. One that is of big intrest to me is a simple shifter bike in the 650 cc range. For the $5999 price I can get many bikes in the 250 to 400 cc range so this 650 may be on my short list. It is a 2020 Royal Indian Baker Express 650. I will not be doing this soon.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I like it...oil/air cooled and no plastic to remove to work on it. And you can't beat the price. I know it might spoil the looks, but practically I'd have to have a decent windscreen.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
I’d keep an eye out for this with the muffler mod.

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like it...oil/air cooled and no plastic to remove to work on it. And you can't beat the price. I know it might spoil the looks, but practically I'd have to have a decent windscreen.
I'd buy a cafe faring and run that. A proper Cafe fairing will make that 49 HP more usable like if it had 60 HP.

This is a copy of the Dunstal race fairing I ran on my GS750 back in the 1980's. Bolting it on was a task but fiberglass is easy to cut and bond where needed. It gave my 750 about 15 MPH more top end with no other mods. I had a windshild made at a German aircraft canopy shop
AJSM2-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Sorta look like this :

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trumph's are out of my price.

Here is the 2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT Ventura Blue

GT Right.jpg

GT Right rear.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Dave, the later day Triumphs are more like Japanese Dreams than the old British Nightmares.
If you’ve set a budget of $6k look at some of the 2012-15 Triumphs when test riding the Enfield’s.....I know you’ll be surprised.

·
Registered
541 Posts
uh... i can't stand the look of this type of bikes. That's not my style at all.
The weird thing about this is that i'm usually very pragmatic, so to me efficient = beauty.... guess that everyone has his own "spot" where irrationale pops out :)

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Lol...Parduz, you sound like a Harley Snob talking about someone riding a scooter.

Dave_J, is just suffering from Pandemic Lockdown Syndrome...longing for days past when he was a young buck ridding the German Autobahn.

I’d rather he kept his Burgman and Soup Up a Mazda Miata 😀

If I remember right I think Dave said he has owned a couple Shelby’s....Luck Dog !

·
Registered
541 Posts
Lol...Parduz, you sound like a Harley Snob talking about someone riding a scooter.
UH! God forbid me!

I was blaming myself for not being rational enough to find the beauty in a efficient bike like the one Dave_J talked about, not blaming him (or anyone) for liking it.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
UH! God forbid me!

I was blaming myself for not being rational enough to find the beauty in a efficient bike like the one Dave_J talked about, not blaming him (or anyone) for liking it.
Sorry bub,
Didn’t mean no ill towards you... It’s not my style either ....I thought the general consensus was the Burgman was the pinnacle of efficient two wheelers.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sorry bub,
Didn’t mean no ill towards you... It’s not my style either ....
NP, man. I fear to be misunderstood... guess you could see me as that insecure kids when not in the comfort environment :D :D
I thought the general consensus was the Burgman was the pinnacle of efficient two wheelers.
I disagree. I love the burg but to me efficient would be "standard" bike (higher) mirrors without any motor, no grip/seat heaters, mobile windshield as an optional but Racetech-like valves on the forks and better rear shocks. The burgman have luxuries before being efficient and this is a sin, to my eyes. Even if i understand that the target wanted exactly that.

So, to me, the 2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT Ventura Blue is very efficient, but still ugly a.f. and this is unusual 'cause i tend to see beauty in effeciency :)

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
You Italians do have an eye for beauty.... and a stubborn demand for it ...which I like 🤓

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have a V-strom, so beauty is obviously not high on my list, lol.

And when I first saw a picture of a Helix I thought it was butt-ugly. After living with it a while it has a certain retro beauty that grows on you.

It also makes a difference of seeing a picture or in person, how it feels, sounds, rides and handles....it's a whole package.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a V-strom, so beauty is obviously not high on my list, lol.
To me, it's a nice bike.

And when I first saw a picture of a Helix I thought it was butt-ugly
Did you remember the Piaggio MP3? is ugly. An abomination. But i tried it and the idea is functioning so well that i love that thing from the bottom of my heart.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Piaggio MP3

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The MP3 is a bit bizarre looking, but I could see myself considering that or something like it if I ever develop some sort of physical issue that might increase the risk of dropping a two-wheeler.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It is a 2020 Royal Indian Baker Express 650…
Not sure how you got the word 'Indian' in there; couldn't find it at the link. But Royal Enfield (of England) was once the best 2 wheel transportation on earth using an almost identical design. It didn't have the reputation for speed and agility of the Triumph or Norton, or the raw power of the Vincent, Harley or big Indians, but it was reliable and easy to work on.

And they did make Indians (as in American Indian motorcycles). I owned a couple of Indian Warriors from the final days of the American Indian company. Enfield inherited the rights to that parallel twin design and made them for a couple years. Quite similar to their own design that you are seeing today.

Like BSA, they apparently began by manufacturing weapons. A fine company and their new Indian (as in the country India) factory seems to be producing an adequate bike. Still low in power and high tech magic, but a classic look and maybe reliable. I've met some owners who are happy with them.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Reactions: jabberwock
1 - 20 of 65 Posts