18,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike trash 058.JPG

bike trash 057.JPG

bike trash 059.JPG

bike trash 060.JPG

bike trash 061.JPG

bike trash 062.JPG

bike trash 064.JPG Does this look like the gear saved the rider? The rider was doing about 65-70 MPH when a car in the fast lane threw up a de-laminated tire into the HOV land and took out the riders front tire that caused a "Death Wobble"

It was after 7 PM Yesterday (Friday) afternoon and the traffic had cleared up some.

They will be keeping me in Guarded condition for 5 days. I have 9 broken ribs, clapseed left lung, groin hurnia, tons of road rash and a broken left shoulder.
:rolleyes:

Reactions: Nillinator

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Dave, you might want to add a Hit Air protective vest to your gear. The cost seems steep at first, but is miniscule when one considers the broken ribs, collapsed lung, hosptital bills, etc.

Mend quickly, my friend. I'll add you to my prayer list.

Chris

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Fastest recovery! they say bikes have most accidents, but nobody mentions the culprit.

Welcome back, Chris! :D

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I don't understand the thread title, "Agate at work, YES!!!" - what is that referring to?
I think he ment ATGATT....
All The Gear All The Time.....
remember he is recovering from injuries.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
All Gear All The Time, I believe he meant AGATT. There are many discussions about it on the forum.

Dave is a good example of being prepared. Glad you are able to see this side of the acciddent.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wow, sounds like you are going to hurt for awhile. I just bought a super light weight armored mesh jacket for the hot summer. Now after seeing your jacket I am having second thoughts about using it. I am glad too see you dressed for the crash and not the ride. Speedy Recovery.

·
Registered
585 Posts
All the Gear All The Time - or ATGATT is what I'm used to seeing. Sound it out and it sounds like a rock - agate.

I wear a polo shirt and shorts and athletic shoes for most of my 'commuting' - to and from the golf course in nice weather. I don't have to fight the I5 traffic like Dave does.

Get well fast Dave - sad to see that happened to you. You just never know when or where something might happen.

Reactions: Deedah

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sarge, you are in my prayers! heal quickly. Broken ribs are the absolute worst.

Sam

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the photos, worth a thousand words. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Will be shopping for padded ridding pants next week.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dave (Sergeant),

Praying for a quick recovery! Glad you were wearing your gear - especially your helmet! Bet you still got your "bell rung".

Hope you are back in the saddle in the near future.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Godspeed with your recovery Dave. Thanks for letting all of us remind accidents can happen anytime, anywhere.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well, if the gear didn't save your life, it certainly saved your skin. I'm sure you're beat and scratched up pretty bad, but think of the alternative without it. So glad you're okay, considering, and on the mend. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tough situation. Glad for the gear. Hope you recover well. Hope that is also a lession for the rest of us, wear the gear.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Heal fast and get out of the hospital.

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
As I found out when I ran off the mountain in Arkansas, wearing the gear does not insure you will not get injured. It can help lessen the severity of those injuries though. Doc said that as bad as my injuries were I probably would not have survived then with out the gear I was wearing.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I know how bad all those broken ribs hurt and would not wish that on anyone.

Reactions: Dave_J
1 - 20 of 112 Posts