Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a new windshield for my new (to me) Executive. I like it being electric and all-had one on my BMW R1100RT as well- but I cant seem to find a happy position on the bike for me. Get buffeting at any setting. I have 5 motorcycles and only the Goldwing has factory glass on it. I want the best screen that I can get for the money or maybe just the best screen. I am 6 foot tall and I weigh (ahem!) 260 lbs so I need something with some coverage. I want to hear from those of you that have put aftermarket on your bikes and what you got and how much you like them. If I should stay with stock say so and I will but my GL1800 with that nice wiiiiiiiiiide windshield is going to get ridden more. I have a heated jacked but it still nice if I can get my head and arms out of the cold wind.

All replies appreciated my friends.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
I have a Clearview Large with the Goldwing style vent option on my Exec. It solved the buffeting issue for me. They make them in various sizes but the large worked best for me. With the electric adjuster in the down position I can see over it and it provides protection for my hands in the winter. In the up position I am looking through it but it allows wind to come under the shield to cool my hands in the summer. The vent provides air flow to my chest and head.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Clearview Large with the Goldwing style vent option on my Exec. It solved the buffeting issue for me. They make them in various sizes but the large worked best for me. With the electric adjuster in the down position I can see over it and it provides protection for my hands in the winter. In the up position I am looking through it but it allows wind to come under the shield to cool my hands in the summer. The vent provides air flow to my chest and head.
Thanks Jim. Is yours wider than stock too? That's part of it to get my arms and torso out of the cold Idaho wind. It be here soon I know.

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
The Clearview is wider than the stock windshield. It is about 6 inches wider at the base and 3 inches at the top. For me it does a good job of moving the air around me. That is really what reduces the buffeting, not the extra height as you might suspect. From what I can tell most of the buffeting from the stock screen is caused by wind spilling around the sides of it.

If you want the widest windshield with the most coverage for your hands then look at the GIVI.

BTW, it's Craig.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
14,279 Posts
Not a problem. My first name is actually James but I go by my middle name of Craig. I don't know that I've ever been referred to on here as James but it's possible.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Before dumping the OEM why not try a laminar lip, I am 6' 1" and it works for me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts