Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever changed the stock variator? What kinds are available? What are the prices? This is something I will do when I get my Burgman, so I thought I would get a jump on it.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
search on malossi - but this is only an option on the svelte remember and this is a lardy section! :wink:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy said:
JD,
Can I ask why you planning on that modification ?
I just want to see what the difference in performance would be. I know that the ones we have done here on 2 and 4 stroke scoots has made alot of difference, especially low end power. I know the 650 has plenty of power, but I am always looking for a little more :wink:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
JD,

As NormanB said (in his usual code), the variators are for the older style mechanically operated cvts. They do not apply to the new ecvt transmission used by the 650. Burgman 400 - yes. Burgman 650 - no.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I am glad I found out they are not available for the 650 now, saves me alot of time, trouble, and embarassment down the road. :wink: :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
You can't do this modification because of the design of the 650's CVT. There is a very sophisticated stepper motor and computer that monitors the road speed and gearing and then sets the position of the belt for an optimal ratios. I think that's why Suzuki put a manual and the power options in this system because some people would want to get better performance. If anything, maybe someone has figured out how to modify the computer's program...but why bother. Its pretty good as it stands.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
pauljo said:
JD,

As NormanB said (in his usual code), {snipped}.
...........and there I was thinking I had achieved universal useage (within the forum) of these terms of endearment! :lol: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts