Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone installed an aftermarket muffler on their 200? If so how do you like it?

I haven't even been able to find a company who makes one for a 200 Suzuki except possibly Yoshimura and they are quite pricy and as I recall very loud.

I am more concerned with getting a more mellow exhaust sound, and reducing weight, than I am with increasing performance, so spending $500 to $600 for a new muffler, that may be very loud, seems too high.

I have an almost new Supertrapp sitting on the shelf in the shop, and I can install it with some special fabrication, but I would rather just buy a muffler instead of making a new adaptor pipe and brackets.

I do like the Suppertrapp's ability to change the sound and back pressure by adding or removing discs, but they aren't the best looking muffler in my opinion. However, if I don't find a better solution within a few days then that is what I will need to do.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
As with most bikes{especially scoots} to get a good exhaust you need to look to Europe and/or Japan{and sometimes other Asian countries}. I saw several listed by some of the European companies. Gianelli has one listed and they are good brand of inexpensive pipes.
The American importer is here - http://www.pureperformancecycles.com/Products/Exhaust/Scooter-Exhaust/Giannelli-Scooter-Exhuast/Suzuki/Giannelli-Iperscooter-Exhaust--07--10-Burgman-200/
I know this one is only listed to 2010 but the engine and basic design are the same as far as I can tell, the external plastics were changed since then.

I also did a quick check on webike which is a Japanese moto parts site that sells internationally{see their page below}.

http://japan.webike.net/SUZUKI/BURGMAN200/Exhaust/6564/1001/mc/

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks speedandstyle. I should have read your post earlier because I may have bought one of these mufflers. Instead I just went ahead and fabricated the parts to install the Suppertrapp that I already had.

As you can see it isn't as nice looking as the polished stainless ones that are offered for sale on those web sites, but the price for me was a lot better, and it sounds nice and the bike still runs good.

This muffler isn't made for this small of a motor (it's rated for 250 hp) so I only used 3 exhaust discs instead of the 12 that came with it. I may try using more discs in the future but for now it will probably stay as it is.

Thanks again for your post.

Obtw, Although I didn't weigh the two this muffler feels to be about 1/2 the weight of the stock one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
+2...nice looking job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts