Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can find any after market parts? (I.E. Exhaust, Fairings) i havent been able to find anything at all

·
Registered
661 Posts
Aftermarket parts for scooters are kind of hard to find if you don't know what you are looking for (esp. for 03-06 Burgmans). For a windshield there are Givi and Clearview; top boxes - again Givi or the MUCH less expensive Besteem (I recommend the T-Box); then there are grips - grip puppies of Kurykan (sp?) and do dads to attach things and lights and really it's all kind of personal preference. The aftermarket section of these forums is a good place to look.
For me, nust haves include; LED driving lights, a louder horn, a larger windshield, and a trunk. Oh, and add an Alaskan Leather sheep skin seat cover.

I guess the question I should ask is, what do you want?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I haven't seen or heard of anything body-wise besides side air deflectors (which, I recommend) which are stick/clip-on, and various luggage selections. Also never have seen or heard of aftermarket dashes although, there is a foux wood grain trim kit available. There are several aftermarket exhausts available and at least some can be found on ebay. As well as the engines are factory tuned, from what I've read you're basically paying alot for a different sound and little, if any added punch.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
There are plenty of after market exhaust, windscreen, seats, luggage, roller weights, clutches, brake pads, filters, chrome protectors, etc. out there but all the fairings have been hand made and not produced for retail sales in kit form.
Bike Bandit, Motorcycle Super Store, Cycle Gear, Oneida Suzuki, etc all sell after market parts and don't forget eBay.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Alaskan Leather sheep skin seat covers? That sounds interesting. Where do I find those? Do they really help? I rode for 5 hours the other day and my butt was numb. I have half of one of those foam rugs that make standing on kitchen floors feel great....but my butt didn't feel great after 4 hours sitting on it.!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
FUzY x VAD3R said:
Does anyone know where i can find any after market parts? (I.E. Exhaust, Fairings) i havent been able to find anything at all
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING You bought your 400 on APRIL 2, 2013 How did you do that????? :?: :lol:

must be.........BACK TO THE FUTURE

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
v8eyedoc said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING You bought your 400 on APRIL 2, 2013 How did you do that????? :?: :lol:

must be.........BACK TO THE FUTURE
FUzY x VAD3R doesn't have his location in his profile, maybe he IS from the future. :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Scooter_Maniac, where can I find side wind deflectors for a 2006 ? I keep finding '07 and above ones but nothing for the pre '07. Also, do they get in the way of your boots when you ride with your boots up in the cruising position? Since that is how I ride most of the time it would be a problem if those were in the way.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Mel46 said:
Scooter_Maniac, where can I find side wind deflectors for a 2006 ? I keep finding '07 and above ones but nothing for the pre '07. Also, do they get in the way of your boots when you ride with your boots up in the cruising position? Since that is how I ride most of the time it would be a problem if those were in the way.
Sorry...can't help on the older ones. I too, often ride feet/foot forward and, the deflectors are out of the way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well that is disappointing but expected. I guess they don't think it worthwhile to keep parts on hand for bikes that old. If I can't find any, I may just make some. Haven't tried to make anything like that before but that doesn't mean I can't.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Can anyone tell me if wind deflectors for a 2006 Burgman 650 will fit a 2006 400? I noticed that several sites had them for 650s but not 400s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts